Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally found a stock grill for my truck to make it look so much better. Them Billet things are just so not me...... IMGA0660.jpg before....Nasty

IMGA0666.jpg after......Ahh much better

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
An 05 grille would look great on there:thumb:

·
Registered
601 Posts
i like the aftermarket ons but yours looks like the bars were really close together

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have liked to put one of those on but I found this one and its an original Ford part and has never been installed. Brand new and it was only $75.00.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Half of new plus shipping & handeling should be very fair. Its in very good shape I just dont like them at all.
$75.00+ S&H.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
You just gave me a complex about my grille now...thanks alot...

:joke: To each his own, glad you found a good deal on it! :thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just gave me a complex about my grille now...thanks alot...

:joke: To each his own, glad you found a good deal on it! :thumb:
Sorry about that it was not intended.:doh: The commit was only my opinon about my truck and thanks.
Fixed my orignal post for all.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I finally found a stock grill for my truck to make it look so much better. Them Billet things are just so not me...... View attachment 5547 before....Nasty

View attachment 5548 after......Ahh much better
When it comes to appearance mods ......nothing can please everyone.
My only "bling" on my 07 is a set of polished tire stem caps. I have even been contemplating removing the FX4 stickers.
To those that like the appearance mods "go for it!":nod:
(well , except for those that post a zillion dodge rams all over their dodge)
(Wish they wouldnt do that..makes it hard to concentrate on driving when I am holding back my laughter).:hehe:

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Sorry about that it was not intended.:doh: The commit was only my opinon about my truck and thanks.
Fixed my orignal post for all.
Oh man I was just playin with you, didn't need to change the post....:thumb:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh man I was just playin with you, didn't need to change the post....:thumb:
EHH it was for the better anyways. It might have really mad someone mad....Who knows.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i bought a nice excursion grille off ebay for 45 bucks.. I like it and it made the truck look ten times better, i think anyways.

J

·
0 Posts
Cool

I dont like the billet ones either. You should beable to take that stock one you have and do the brake fluid trick and get the paint off and make it all chrome. Mine was like that. Stock grill but all chrome and it looked awesome. Here is my grill.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I dont like the billet ones either. You should beable to take that stock one you have and do the brake fluid trick and get the paint off and make it all chrome. Mine was like that. Stock grill but all chrome and it looked awesome. Here is my grill.

They paint OVER chrome? What is this trick you speak of Sir Jon?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I finally found a stock grill for my truck to make it look so much better. Them Billet things are just so not me...... View attachment 5547 before....Nasty

View attachment 5548 after......Ahh much better
Yeah, that does look better! I think an '05 would look even sweeter on there, but thats just me. If I didnt have a huge ranch hand replacement, I would do it also.

J

·
0 Posts
Well

Its like the trick for turning your emblems on the fenders and doors chrome. All the black on them is just paint over a chrome plastic emblem. So is the grill. The entire grill is like the outer edge but they just paint the middle gray. Now, I didnt do my grill someone else did, but they say that using brake fluid and a rag you can lift the paint off the chrome plastic underneath and then it will be all chrome. Theres a writeup about the emblems on here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Its like the trick for turning your emblems on the fenders and doors chrome. All the black on them is just paint over a chrome plastic emblem. So is the grill. The entire grill is like the outer edge but they just paint the middle gray. Now, I didnt do my grill someone else did, but they say that using brake fluid and a rag you can lift the paint off the chrome plastic underneath and then it will be all chrome. Theres a writeup about the emblems on here somewhere.
hmmm...gonna have to look around for that. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts