Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dunno: hey guys i just bought the dpf file from sct and im having trouble loading it on my device. can anyone help?:( thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I downloaded the DPF delete tune revision & flashed it. If you bought it & gave them your serial number, you can load your tuner. You have to be connected to the internet when you flash so that they can verify your serial number. Did you send them your disclaimer? Make sure you have the latest loader (updater) program.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Julian,
I spoke to SCT today and the women on the phone was unable to answer a few questions.
I am looking to purchase SCT livewire and DPF/CAT delete pipe, can you help me locate the DPF/CAT pipe? Does the SCT have a regen delete mode?
Thanks
Raymond08

F-350
6 x 6
auto
410's

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i just loaded livewire the livewire updater and trying to load the dpf tune and keeps tellin me to go to there website and still cant get it to work they have all my paper work and serial number. i just cant figure it out . can anyone help sct sucks tryin to get ahold of

·
Registered
387 Posts
1. Go to sctflash.com, get to the update sections, make sure you have:
New updater software version-1.49
Firmware Verison-6.4.043
Tune Revision-1.20
(Never hurts to have to reload just in case the file has been compromised)
The driver does not have to be updated.

2. Load the new updater software, load new firmware on LiveWire, load new tune on Livewire. You should be set.

3. If not let me know what problem you are having. It's possible you might need to re-format the LiveWire unit, I know how to do it but I don't want to post it online. It's very simple though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
SCT tech support is awesome, if you need they will log onto your computor & fix the issue for you, I could not ask for better than that.

Their tune runs perfect once you get it installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys i will try again friday when i get off work. south ill pm you if i need some more help thank you for your time. its just today i spent an hour online with sct support and i cound not get it done kinda mad ya know. thanks again you guys.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Julian,
I spoke to SCT today and the women on the phone was unable to answer a few questions.
I am looking to purchase SCT livewire and DPF/CAT delete pipe, can you help me locate the DPF/CAT pipe? Does the SCT have a regen delete mode?
Thanks
Raymond08

F-350
6 x 6
auto
410's
SCT doesn't off any kind of delete pipe....I know they were toying with the idea of hooking up with MBRP to come up with something, but I don't know. You can get a DPF delete pipe from Spartan or KEM.....but if you know someone with and exhaust shop, have them fab up a 4" pipe for you with bungs for the sensors...........2008Ford6.4TT let us know how it goes today :thumb:

·
Registered
450 Posts
yea as of right now it's just a DPF delete no cat delete.... which seems pretty stupid to me why they wouldn't offer both but w/e, it works

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
yea as of right now it's just a DPF delete no cat delete.... which seems pretty stupid to me why they wouldn't offer both but w/e, it works
Well I guess that is a good question.....for those of you running the SCT, are any of you running with both the DPF and cat gone or just the DPF.....I wonder if that is wool-puller's problem....I think he is running the SCT but both the DPF and cat are gone and he has a CEL :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to SCT this morning and they put a new program in. Has even more power and the CEL light is off so all is good now! I have about an hour drive this weekend so i will start to watch the mpg closer.

Wool-puller posted the above this am - nothing wrong with tune revision 1.20

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
With the SCT Off Road tune, you can delete the DPF or DPF and Cataylst both. Either way it will work fine.

On our latest 550rwhp tune w/ DPF removed, we didn't show a again in power by removing the Catalyst also. It may be a restriction at higher power level's, we should know real soon.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts