Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer i was useing to install tunes into my x3 crashed. i was wanting to no if its possible to download a new sct updater to my new comp? if so how can i do it? i still have all my tunes saved on my email. thanks sam

·
Registered
5,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
You jus need to go to the SCT site and download it again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks it wont be screwin up my firmwall or anything? since i changed computers and its a newer software?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
You shouldnt have any problems, I didnt anyway and I think SCT is a pretty safe thing.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
No, the firmware on your SCT will not be affected by the uploader program unless you were to try to update your firmware.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I run one on my laptop and one on my home pc, the one on my laptop came with my xcal2 and the other I downloaded.....they both work fine with no problems and they are differen versions.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
thanks it wont be screwin up my firmwall or anything? since i changed computers and its a newer software?
What you will do is go to SCT Automotive Performance Products then select Tech Support. After that you will go to device updates and downloads, in there you will select your device and then select device update software then search. The software will pop up and install that, load your drivers and you will be all set to load your tunes again.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for all the Info guys!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
one more question do i need to plug it in and update my firmware?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iam not sure but thats the directions it showed? i didnt no if you only had to do that when u first install the device or everytime you change computers.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
iam not sure but thats the directions it showed? i didnt no if you only had to do that when u first install the device or everytime you change computers.
What device do you have as well? What you will do is plug the device in and go to device info and that will show you what Firmware is on that unit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got the x3 i bought it in early 08 so iam sure it dont have the lastest firmware.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is it ok to download that new firmware onto my tuner?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
serial number X30220080230c. the fw Rev is 1.1.131

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
What I recommend is return the vehicle back to stock and update the device to the latest Firmware and then Format the device, load the Firmware, format and then load the tune revision.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts