Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i may b selling my truck in sig and possibly replacing it with a 95 f250 ext.cab long bed ,auto trans and 4.10's.Ive always had manuals so im a little worried about this auto.First off it looks to be in real nice shape outside and insde in good shape as well.The truck has 240k on it now and tranny work is unknown.The ppl say that runs great and shifts firm as well.I havent driven i yet but will in a couple of days and i need to know what a good e4od should feel like and also what one on its last leg feels like.The only reason im selling mine is cause it will sell for 6k and this other one is only $3800 so ill pretty much be getting the same truck an making $2200 bucks as well.It seems alittle cheap to me consdering the shape its in and how well it runs.So any info on the tranny or things i can look for/feel for would b great.I know about the engine so that wont be a problem to look over,just unsure of tranny.I cant afford to buy the truck then have the tranny go a week/month later.My truck has been solid as a rock and reliable aswell,again im only doin it to make some money and dont feel like im losing much if anyting with this truck if it runs like they say.ALL info is appreciated! :thumb:

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
i dont know how a e4od tranny acts when its on its last leg!!! ive had two obs and my pops owns 4 obs and later 7.3's.. we have yet to replace one and thats my hand apon the bible dude...i know they shift smooth,unless its chipped,then the rpm range changes, the e4od is the greatest(imho) tranny in the freakin world!!! go fer it!!! well i mean,if it's squirtin juice and slammin into gear then dont go fer it.. some of em do 'bump' into gear, but thats no biggy man... check it out,if it feels right,then you will know...and the obs trucks are awsome man,they are very forgiving when it comes to rebuilding and modding.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according t the guy it is completely stock.Do you think at 240k it has been rebuilt? i dont think itcould last this long honestly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's possible that it hasn't been rebuilt. My buddy has a 1997 F250 with 215k+ on it and the tranny has never been touched. The miles on his truck were also all highway until he bought it at 197k miles. So far he hasn't had a problem with the tranny.
My truck on the other hand had the tranny replaced ~20k ago with one that had 80k at the time. We'll see how long this one lasts... hopefully at least another year til I graduate...lol

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
mine is supposedly good, havent had any problems and ive put 40k on since ive owned her. ive noticed it has a shift or tqc lockup indecision at 36mph light throttle, thats 36mph with 4.10's. my buddy has a good 4r100 with 3.73's that does it at 40ish mph. so do let that scare you i guess. not sure if a VB or tqc is the fix. i hear a shift kit works. but either, i would say expect that at least.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I have 280,000 miles on mine and on the 4th transmission,don't know why I have had so much bad luck with them ,but if you ask me the A4OD is junk ,the only week link in this truck.The one I have now is a Ford built trans with a 1 year warranty,It shifts hard sometime and then other times it's as smooth as silk. I had one shift when I first got the last trans that was so hard I though the rearend fell out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts