Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I use Auto Nation (formerly Tousley) for most of my parts needs, but I noticed that when I purchase directly from the old Tousleyfordparts.com link, they charge me more for shipping. Same link if you use parts.autonationford.com.

So I have resorted to using fordparts.com to order my parts and selecting Auto Nation Ford at White Bear Lake, MN (Formerly Tousley Ford) for all my parts needs. They have been the cheapest for OEM parts. Their prices are 5% over dealer cost from what I am told. The cool thing is that I can compare and shop with other dealers at this same link, so if someone else says that Sunrise Ford is cheaper for X part, I can just select Sunrise as my parts dealer and I get their price, shipping is ALWAYS the same, no matter who I select to shop with. If your local dealer is cheaper, you can go ahead and pick it up and save on shipping. Shipping rates are as low as $7.95 for FedEx Ground and $9.95 for FedEx Overnight.

*the 'catch' for OVERNIGHT shipping is that you won't necessarily get overnight delivery from the time of ordering. The Parts Dept may not ship your part until the next day, but you get Overnight from the the time of shipping.

Shipping Rates:

Now we can move on to the How-To:

1. Navigate to Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page at fordparts.com and click on 'Select Dealer'

3. This brings up a Search Page where you have two choices. Enter the Zip Code (55110 for Auto Nation Ford)

or you can do a search for 'White Bear, MN'. I tried White Bear Lake, MN, but for whatever reason it doesn't return any dealerships. Weird.

4. The search will return the list of Dealers within 25 miles of whatever you searched. Select AutoNation Ford White Bear Lak

5. The next screen asks you to verify that you selected the correct Dealership. Go ahead and click 'Continue' here.

6. There are a few ways to verify that you are IN FACT shopping for parts prices using Auto Nation. After you perform a search for parts... you will verify that Auto Nation is selected. Red arrows all point to the verification:

7. If you want to save Auto Nation and any other Dealership so that you don't have to go through these steps each time, then you will need to Register an account.

8. Once you have registered, you can click the link again for Select Dealer

When you do, all the Dealerships that you have saved/searched will be listed. You can just select 'Shop this Dealer'.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I received a 5ft box with a bumper valance and 2 other parts. I paid $9.95 for overnight shipping and $1.99 handling fee. Total $116.18. (no tax) I ordered the parts on a Monday and they were delivered on a Wednesday. My dealer wanted $143.23 and had to order the parts too...

Total Savings: $28.94 (including tax)

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Administrator
34,057 Posts
the biotch is Tousleys was great when they were Tousleys and they were a paying vendor on here
then they sold to AutoNation ( think walmart of Auto dealers ) and dropped sponsorship

I would rather Use Sunrise Ford Fontana on here for the 20-40% off and free ship (Link=) http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/sunrise-ford/262158-20-40-off-ford-oem-parts.html
it may be a little more but at least I am giving back to a sponsor ( ps they do the same on a few of the big forums and that cost some $$)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the biotch is Tousleys was great when they were Tousleys and they were a paying vendor on here
then they sold to AutoNation ( think walmart of Auto dealers ) and dropped sponsorship

I would rather Use Sunrise Ford Fontana on here for the 20-40% off and free ship (Link=) http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/sunrise-ford/262158-20-40-off-ford-oem-parts.html
it may be a little more but at least I am giving back to a sponsor ( ps they do the same on a few of the big forums and that cost some $$)
Sounds like a good deal either way. I have shopped AutoNation and have had no problems with them. I don't know if they are the same guys who also worked at Tousley parts, but they are knowledgeable. They are much friendlier on the phone than my 3 local Ford Dealers in Greenville, SC. Thanks for the heads up on Sunrise. I have heard about them before as well. I like having options. I gave you a Thanks for the link!

·
Administrator
34,057 Posts
My local Ford dealers are a Joke also

If Tousleys had the same Team I would feel better but I don't know if they do ?
Auto Nation is like a cancer here they took over all the small dealers

they don't make Me feel good about buying like I do when Jim or his team helps Me get my quote together and I am only a state away so I get My stuff fast

·
Registered
18 Posts
Excellent info. When ordering from the Autonation White Bear (old Tousley) website, shipping charges are not exact at checkout and can later be surprisingly high when looking at the invoice.

I am currently torn down for headstuds and will use the new info when ordering gaskets and other odds and ends later today. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent info. When ordering from the Autonation White Bear (old Tousley) website, shipping charges are not exact at checkout and can later be surprisingly high when looking at the invoice.

I am currently torn down for headstuds and will use the new info when ordering gaskets and other odds and ends later today. Thanks for posting.
Yes, that was my experience as well. I ordered some parts direct from AutoNation (not the fordparts.com link), they very small parts, and I ended up paying $15.00 in shipping costs and it didn't arrive for 5 days. As you said, I believe I recall seeing TBD (To be determined) when I checked out, so I didn't even know what the shipping costs were until I received my parts with the invoice inside. I use this now, and it is actually fast shipping. I don't think you could find a site on the internet that would ship a 5ft box overnight FedEx for $9.95... Well, except Amazon. I'm a prime member there and have bought a few parts for my truck from them. :thumb:

·
Registered
421 Posts
The part prices are more on FordParts.com, though. Getting the parts together for my bulletproof, the FordParts.com pricing for Tousley was almost $100 more on a $700 order than Direct from Tousley. Surely the shipping wouldn't be that big of a savings.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah. Sunrise is the way to go on smaller orders. Bigger orders, Tousley seems to beat them out on individual part prices. I do like Sunrise a lot though, they are very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I recently bought a brand new hpop, oil cooler, fuel pump and 8 injectors from tousley for my new motor and their parts guys handled everything for me over the phone with ease. Couldnt have been happier. Shipping was never over $10bux.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
I recently bought a brand new hpop, oil cooler, fuel pump and 8 injectors from tousley for my new motor and their parts guys handled everything for me over the phone with ease. Couldnt have been happier. Shipping was never over $10bux.
not to highjack the thread, but how is your blackwater engine doing? how kong have you had it? and did you have any problems or surprises?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The part prices are more on FordParts.com, though. Getting the parts together for my bulletproof, the FordParts.com pricing for Tousley was almost $100 more on a $700 order than Direct from Tousley. Surely the shipping wouldn't be that big of a savings.
That is strange. I just checked my prices again. For the 3 items I ordered most recently

Tailgate moulding.
Online at Tousleyfordparts.com is 46.94
fordparts.com is 46.55

Bumper Valance
Online at Tousleyfordparts.com is 37.11
fordparts.com is 38.87

Overhead Console Storage Door
Online at Tousleyfordparts.com is (unavailable)
fordparts.com is 18.82

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
not to highjack the thread, but how is your blackwater engine doing? how kong have you had it? and did you have any problems or surprises?
So far so good. Starts good at 6600ft with 15w40 delo and not being plugged in down to right around 10*. Great power for a stock motor, odawgs intake is awesome on the freeway, averaging 18.5 mpgs. Deltas at 11*. No surprises.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.