Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally like this wondering how to get the 6.4 to do it

2004 f250, dual 5" chrome stacks 285/75/16 at 10 ply, Vivian's looney (awesome) duplicolor spray bed liner on my rockers and fender lip 10" high

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Probably going to have to buy a 6.0.:D

·
Registered
598 Posts
I too am curious how I could get my OBS to spool up like that? I have a pretty good Turbo whistle with it stock. (Better then any other I've heard.) But I want louder lol.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
233 Posts
With the 6.4 you wont get a loud wistle like the 6.0, due to the dual turbos. There is another thread on here about a single turbo setup on the 6.4 and it has plenty of wistle. But would you rather have the wistle for less bottom end and a steep price???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Run shorter exhaust I was running downpipe to 3ft delete pipe coming out under the cab only problem is the under carriage gets covered in soot sounds beast but loud

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Single turbo or Elite's big compound setups on a 6.4 sound great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I may be wrong but I know I read it somewhere or might be close, I have an 03 6.0 with 5 inch straight exhaust with 12 tip and my neighbors tell me they know When I'm comin home cause they can here me miles down the road just from the whistle , I always wondered y so I asked my mechanic he told me the 6.0 turbos or the 03 year had more veins in it or less veins in it or something like that. It's something with the way the turbo is designed that's different from the other turbos. Idk. I might be wrong but I know I he told me there's something about the turbo itself

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I may be wrong but I know I read it somewhere or might be close, I have an 03 6.0 with 5 inch straight exhaust with 12 tip and my neighbors tell me they know When I'm comin home cause they can here me miles down the road just from the whistle , I always wondered y so I asked my mechanic he told me the 6.0 turbos or the 03 year had more veins in it or less veins in it or something like that. It's something with the way the turbo is designed that's different from the other turbos. Idk. I might be wrong but I know I he told me there's something about the turbo itself

I wish you would ditch the 12" tip...but to each their own. An 03 turbo has 10 blades on the exhaust side. Late 04 and 05-07 have 13-15. Regardless, a 03 6.0 turbo wouldn't fit on the 6.4. Go with a single turbo in a 6.4 and you'll have the whistle you desire.

·
Registered
994 Posts
WHY ANYONE WOULD PREFER SOUND OVER PERFORMANCE IS BEYOND ME...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
You can drop the big bucks on this turbo kit and you'll have plenty of whistle and performance. :evillol:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
That sounded like a whistle toy when he first revved it up.
heck yes it did! but I would give my left testicle for my truck to sound like that.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
heck yes it did! but I would give my left testicle for my truck to sound like that.
Not even sure that would get you enough money to meet the dollar amount needed for that sound. :hehe:

·
Registered
11 Posts
It came with it when I got it from my cuz. Prolly gonna go down to 6 inch tip. It is a bit dumb but smokes comes out very nice lol. Yea there really isn't sacrificing sound for power... Even though it whistles it has power. Trust me. When u stomp on it that whistle is gone , its just straight roaring.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Whistle means power? What about smoke? Does smoke mean power too?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is that the elite tow power in the utube video? What other mods does that truck have?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts