Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,924 Posts
@Skeeter6.0 I moved your posts over here to keep from gumming up the other thread. From reading Bryan's posts you basically just want to duplicate the stock setup for a single alt config. I'll take a picture of mine and post it up here for you and others to use as a guide.

Thanks again PB for the awesome help with our tech files :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had printed this off to try and fallow the steps, but I have no clue what it's saying or where to find the connectors-plugs-wires it's explaining

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah I was hoping it was going to be easy like others I have seen lol but not my luck I guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey I wanted to say thanks to you guys for helping! I did have to run wire from cluster to alternator, it's working great now other than loose connect at alternator. I appreciate it!

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
ZMANN do you pull all of that stuff out of your a-ss or what ?? Your flinging this here and that there. 1];);[[email protected]!*^_-\|>,< Damn

·
Administrator
29,323 Posts
I have the propensity to remember oddball stuff ( none of it will win me a game show or earn me money or help with grammar )

I knew where the cluster connectors were from my battle with my speedo reprogrammer

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
Wow them are big words hotshot. Propensity .............. WOW I may have to give that a go time to time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, has anyone ever deleted the second alternator from a 7.3 ps? I found a post for the process on a 6.0 or can I expect them to be the same? I would appreciate any imput.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A little more background may help...I removed lower alt (#2) about 3 years ago. At that time I also installed a new high output alt in alt #1 location (top side). Ever since I removed alt #2 I have had to replace alt#1 every 12 mos or so. At the time all I did was remove #2 along with mounting bracket, and changed serpentine belt out to shorter one for single alternator system. Was there anything I needed to do with the #2 wire harness such as add the jumper wire described in the post for the 6.0? Also, current alt will not charge untill rps reach 1800+ , then will put out 14.1- 14.5V until truck is shut off. Then upon restarting truck, again you have to run the engine rpm's up to 1800+ before alt will begin to charge system again. If I do not, truck will continue to run until batteries are drained down and truck dies around 8V. Current Alt and both batteries replaced just 10mos ago. Sorry for long post/novel.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts