Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really need to know how to clean this egr before it gets worse any help would be really great thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here is a site I used when I cleaned my EGR last month. It wasn't as dirty as the one in the pics. but it was dirty. Hope this helps. BTW. Getting the EGR valve out takes a little force. I used a flywheel pulley since it could grab the flanges on the EGR and just pull straight up. I couldn't get it out with my bare hands.

FDDTS - 6.0L EGR Valve Cleaning

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
i just went through this yesterday, it is frusterating. take out the 2 8mm bolts holding it in. then try tapping onthe flanges to get it to turn a bit, this helps to loosen it up. once you get it to turn, use a long common screwdriver that will fit under the intake elbow, and get it under the valve itself, then give a little pressure and pop it out. good luck. it took my 2 hours all together to get it out and clean it. most of that time was getting it out. a puller would be alot easier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks what should i clean it with

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
carb cleaner works real good. get a soft brush like an old tooth brush or even a brass brush so you dont damage it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts