Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is info that NYC F-350 and what Ive read online and this is what I got out of it... This was only done on my truck which is an 06, I dont know if it will work for on 05+... Im not sure if the wires are the same/do the same things on other years. This will bring the idle up to 1200rpm and NOT use the PTO wire. This will also self-regulate the RPMs based upon the drain on the batteries, as in things running in the cab, jump starting cars. It can go up to 2400rpm, but what Ive read is that it doesnt really ever go that high.

Basically the pictures tell the story. Find the two wires ( purple with green tracer and white with blue tracer ) and install a 3 amp inline fuse and ( or not ) a switch in between them. If you dont want a toggle just connect the two wires and add in the 3 amp fuse. If you were to use a NON-lighted toggle, you would only have two legs on your toggle switch.

·
Registered
664 Posts
MrOneEyedBoh

Thanks, for the write up and pics, I've been meaning to do this but never got around to it and your write up makes it look very easy. I have up fitter switches can I use your same diagram with one of the upfitter switches?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
nice write up thats very easy for anyone who would want to do it.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Would this work on a 7.3 you think?

·
Registered
891 Posts
no it wont work on 7.3's

·
Registered
742 Posts
What exactly does the inline fuse do?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Ok that's what I thought but was curious since I haven't checked what the amps are running through that wire

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey guys what's the purpose of a high idle switch for?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Keeps the EGR valve (if you still have one) and turbo from getting all sooted up from excessive, long idle times, like more than 30 mins. It also keeps the A/C frostier when idling.

In the colder states, ie N/NE and Mountain areas, high idling supposedly prevents "wet stacking", which is unburnt, liquid fuel that washes the cylinders. if you live in the desert West or the South then obviously wet stacking isn't an issue. I've heard wet stacking isn't even really much of a problem anymore with modern diesels except in constant EXTREME cold, like Alaska.

Hopefully, I explained it correctly. Someone can correct me. I'm only regurgitating what I've read here.

·
Registered
742 Posts
How would you go about installing this on a 2006 with upfitter switch

1 - 20 of 71 Posts