Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't believe I saw one today in person while driving! Un-camo btw. It was purdy. I didn't know it was REALLY OUT for purchase!
Things I noticed.
That front end looks killer in person.

L.E.D. dually fender lights...awesome.

They went with the 08 style dual tip with the cooler venturi's!

and how quiet and clean is it really? Well cruising with him 80-85mph I could not hear a diesel, no rattle or whistle at all when I was checking out the badges, and I had my window down right by the tailpipe too, I couldn't smell a THING but the wet road, and the hum of his tires was louder than the exhaust. A prius is louder than the new Superduty. Crazy.

Awesome truck. A marvel of diesel technology for sure.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Did it have temp tags or anything??

That's pretty awesome that you saw one!

I saw a car once on the interstate that had all kinds of sensors and 2 laptops in the front pass. seat. I assumed it was a "tester" car.

It had Michigan tags on it.

Pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dunno it looked legit. Nothing out of the ordinary that stood out to me :dunno:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything lol! No fumes whatsoever.

Today I saw a couple 2010.5 (said so on the sticker) F150's. One was a Raptor. Very very very cool.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rather than start another thread, because I can't find the original, I got quite a few pic's of an cut-away engine and the engine bay of the '11 over the weekend at the Texas State Fair. As soon as I can get them uploaded I'll update them to this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I don't think you can purchase one yet, but you probably saw some Ford exec or something driving one around

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I like my diesel to sound like a diesel and smell like a diesel. Just my .02

Pretty cool you saw one.

·
Registered
489 Posts
There not out for purchase yet. They wont be available until next spring. Im sure it was a tester.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok, to add to the pictures above, I believe most of them speak for themselves. I didn't take any pictures of the body because everyone can access those easily on the web.

The Ford Personnel on hand really knew very little about this truck. I was able to get out of them, that about the only things finalized about the truck are the body and most of the interior. The entire drive train is just a hand assembled vehicle and will most likely vary to a certain amount on the final product.

Speaking to the Powerstroke rep's, they know pretty much what is in the brochure and little else. They did say that they got the engine about two weeks before the fair to do the cutting and painting, and that what they did know (power numbers), they had to sign an NDA before even actually being allowed to receive the engine. So they didn't have much to add over what has been finalized.

They did say that they were able to drive one and it did not seem to need the programmers to wake it up, as it was already very, very capable. On a side note, they did mention that with the 6.0 to make it reliable you SHOULD do a EGR Delete on it. :doh: Thanks for telling me something I already knew.

The tech said that all the information that they had seen on it, and during the cutting process, they think it should be as bulletproof or better than the 7.3 was.

No, they did not, have any running, nor would they start one for anyone which I was slightly dissapointed about. I would have gotten more pictures, but my phone died on me. :tard:

Anyways, any questions that I can answer I will be happy to. I'm sure I missed something somewhere.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
I like my diesel to sound like a diesel and smell like a diesel. Just my .02

Pretty cool you saw one.
agreed there. why u think I got a 7.3 :p

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey I saw TWO more on the road today! Not camo or anything. One was a F250 and the other was a F450 Flatbed company truck. I'm confused are they out for purchase or what? Just for companies? Are they test trucks? That's 3 out on the road I've seen so far ... all on US23 between Flint and Detroit in MI. Interesting. :dunno:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'm guessing testers/exec vehicles putting some real world miles on them before offering them to the general public.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts