Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often are you guys using Rev-X for sticking fuel injectors? Every oil change, every other? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
503 Posts
Everything I've read says to use two bottles the first time and then one each oil change after that. I just but two bottles in mine Friday. Sixty dollars for two 4 oz bottles was a little pricey but hopefully worth it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Everything I've read says to use two bottles the first time and then one each oil change after that. I just but two bottles in mine Friday. Sixty dollars for two 4 oz bottles was a little pricey but hopefully worth it.
Totally worth it.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
I think if you have a major issue (well not so major you need new injectors), keep running it. If it clears up, it clears up! I ran two bottles my last change. My next change I wont put it in, I will put it in again after that (it will be getting cold).

Treat it like a rash. Keep using if it working. If it clears up, lay off the ointment!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill be going with Galaxies method, 65 bucks added onto the expense of oil changes as they are will start to hurt even more...

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Well, it can't work if it's not there... So if you need it...every oil change.
This is not true.. As long as you run 5W-40 synthetic behind it at every oil change, you should never have to use it again.. Dave used some 25,000 miles ago and hasn't ran any since.. No issues to date! Rev-X cleans the injectors, synthetic keeps them clean.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im running T5 right now so hopefully Im fine

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey Sick, did you get my PM?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Im running T5 right now so hopefully Im fine
The T5 is not a full synthetic. It is blended. I used T5 for a while, but stiction was still prevalent. Just pay the couple extra dollars for the T6 or Mobil 1 5W-40.. It's well worth it.

And yes I did get your PM, I have been out of town for the past two and half weeks, I'll get that link to you as soon as I get to my computer. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet thanks man, I guess Ill switch to T6 for the next change

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im going ot purchase some of this "Snake Oli" but; how do you use it?

Add it in with fresh oil and drive it 3K or put it in right before oil change?

Thanks

·
Registered
816 Posts
Im going ot purchase some of this "Snake Oli" but; how do you use it?

Add it in with fresh oil and drive it 3K or put it in right before oil change?

Thanks
Put it in with fresh 5w-40.

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is not true.. As long as you run 5W-40 synthetic behind it at every oil change, you should never have to use it again.. Dave used some 25,000 miles ago and hasn't ran any since.. No issues to date! Rev-X cleans the injectors, synthetic keeps them clean.
X2 .... Dont waste your money putting it in every oil change. If you have to use it every oil change to keep your injectors from sticking then get your injectors repaired.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Since replacing my HPOP and FICM, I haven't had the need to use it. Last winter (and all previous) I would put it in with my fall oil change to help with cold starts. It does make the truck run nicer regardless of temperature, but my main concern was cold weather. I don't run it in the summer months.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Correct if youre using a quality synthetic oil you shouldnt have to use it again.

Rev X is a detergent. So is a quality syn oil.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I need to start running T6 but I have a warranty and I dont want to do my own changes until it is out of warranty so Ford cant cancell my warranty over something like that.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I think maybe some of you don't know what sticktion is. It comes from using dino oil which causes a varnish to build up on the injectors. Revx just masks it and does not clean the varnish off. That is why revx requires 2 bottles for first treatment and one bottle EVERY treatment after that. Makes taking a look at arcoil a good idea. They claim their product actually clears up stIcktion and it's way cheaper.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
'Dino oil bad'

Considering I have 101K on mine, only used dino oil, what conditions indicate a need for Rev-X? My truck runs smooth, has gobbs of power, and is mucho reliable.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
'Dino oil bad'

Considering I have 101K on mine, only used dino oil, what conditions indicate a need for Rev-X? My truck runs smooth, has gobbs of power, and is mucho reliable.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Power has nothing to do with it. Where have you been? Read from the OP. Sticktion is the indicator. 101K miles is barely even broke in. Wait till you have 200k miles on the original injectors. Even that is just average.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts