Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a lift on my truck and will take it in for an alignment. Its $40 if they can get away with just the toe and $160 if they have to take care of the camber? They said that parts and labor. Cam bushing I'm guessing. Does this seem right?

Les Schwabs is doing the alignment.:confused:

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Well if you did a suspension lift your camber shouldn't be off unless it was off before you did the lift. Your toe in and toe out will be affected, Also if you replaced the pitman arm with a drop pitman arm they will have to make sure that is in the proper place. I paid 65 bucks for front end alignment after replacing wheel bearings, tie rods, bushings, and some of the brackets for the suspension lift on my wifes F-150. So if your getting away with 40 bucks that is a good deal.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
If it's the bushings there is a bit of work that needs to be done and the work needs to be done near a lift w/ alignment tools. They have to remove the knuckle since the ball joint sits in the bushing in the knuckle. Mine is out 22* on one side which is .1 out of "spec." The other side is fine. I could pay a place 150 bucks to do it or just keep rotating my tires regularly. My truck tracks straight so I figured why mess with it since it ain't broke, just a lil out of spec? lol...

I could do it myself if I knew which way to turn the bushing, but they couldn't give me that info...

Needless to say, hope you get away w/ just 40bucks on the toe-in/out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
my front end alignment is way out of wack. cant i align it myself???

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
my front end alignment is way out of wack. cant i align it myself???
You can get it close, but it needs to go to a professional to be on the safe side.

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Just put a lift on my truck and will take it in for an alignment. Its $40 if they can get away with just the toe and $160 if they have to take care of the camber? They said that parts and labor. Cam bushing I'm guessing. Does this seem right?

Les Schwabs is doing the alignment.:confused:
That is about what I pay. Those camber bushings arn't cheap. When I took mine in to the shop, I told them to let me know if it needed a bushing and i would swap it myself. Then have them align it. It saved me a few bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts