Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So especially after this last race I had. I've been wondering the kind of power I might be laying down? What do you guys think?

1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab Powerstroke Dually
- TS 5-pos Flip chip
- FPR Mod
- IDM Mod
- CAI
- Boost Fooler Mod
- ICP mod on a switch. Stock, 10k, 4.7k, 2.2k, 1k. (NEVER USE IT, unless I want to show off the 1K. Because on any setting other than STOCK it seems to SLOW DOWN my truck!!)
- 3.5" Downpipe
- ATS Tranny
- 4.10 Gears
- Snow Meth kit (90% water/10%meth)
- n2o Kit (.057 Pill) I've only used this twice EVER. Tranny DOES NOT like it!!
- LPG Kit (8psi @ Flow) hooked to a WOT switch

Now I don't want to hear any "propane is bad" Crap. I've have been using this kit DAILY (I can't stress ENOUGH how often I use it) FOR OVER A YEAR with no problems!!!!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, STOCK

I'm going to do DIY stage 1 or 2 in the near future. At that time i'll also get a superduty HPOP.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one on my 2000 stroke. I've heard mixed reviews about use on an OBS truck. So better safe than sorry.

All I know is my combo is currently working. And with everything turned up, TRACTION is a huge problem...

That was a LAUNCH NOT a PURPOSE BURN OUT!!

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
with stock injectors, stock turbo and generic tuning I highly doubt over 240hp even with the other stuff you have, someone please correct me though if I am wrong

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
there has also been a lot of discussion over whether his numbers are correct or not due to the fact that there is no way you can make that with stock injectors even with nitrous, there just isnt enough fuel

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well does this tell you anything...
Every 6.0 Powerstroke (w/ intake, Exhaust, Tune) I've raced I've beaten.
I've also NEVER lost to any other 7.3 powerstrokes I come across.
I've beaten a stock 6.4 powerstoke.
and LMM Duramax on the highway.

Last night I raced:
2005 duramax LLY, ext-cab, long-bed, 4x4, auto, 31" Tires, Edge Juice w/ attitude (on level 5), Intake, Exhaust, Free mods. - From a Dig I can Hold him off till 60mph, by 95 he had his whole truck on me.

2005 duramax LLY, ext-cab, short-bed, 4x4, Manual, 35" tires, EFI live, Intake, Exhaust, Free mods. - From a dig I held him off till 85mph, by 95mph he pulled his fender on me.

Every Diesel I seem to race is 4x4 and they ALWAYS launch in 4x4 against me.
Besides that Dodge I posted about in the kills, I never have raced another DUALLY diesel.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Well does this tell you anything...
Every 6.0 Powerstroke (w/ intake, Exhaust, Tune) I've raced I've beaten.
you should come race me then :evillol:

some trucks are just quicker then others, like a factory freak. i believe in that. my truck for some reason runs really good. some of my buddies have 6.0s and just dont really move quit like mine does..

maybe thats a case for you, but seriously, i raced an obs and i pulled school bus lengths on him and it wasnt stock

·
Registered
623 Posts
yea im not sayin your liening but a stock obs isnt that quick to beat a d-max

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
There is just no way you are making anywhere over 300 and not even that Im sure with stock injectors, its not possibe. Making a ton of power isnt doesnt mean your thefastest its all about how you lay down the power whether its drag racing or sled pulling. Trucks that make less power can be faster than a truck that makes more power.

Ive beaten cummins that make more power than me, but Ill say this again. You cant make much power with stock injectors no matter how many people you say youve beat, doesnt mean your makin a lot of power

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
There is just no way you are making anywhere over 300 and not even that Im sure with stock injectors, its not possibe. Making a ton of power isnt doesnt mean your thefastest its all about how you lay down the power whether its drag racing or sled pulling. Trucks that make less power can be faster than a truck that makes more power.

Ive beaten cummins that make more power than me, but Ill say this again. You cant make much power with stock injectors no matter how many people you say youve beat, doesnt mean your makin a lot of power
hey matt, sounds like you need to line up next to this guy and show what FUEL can do against drugs!!!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
My truck isn't stock. :confused:
Pretty much.... A generic chip and some drugs. No hard parts.

I would say 275 hp tops with the spray.

·
Registered
781 Posts
where you live man you need to line to a good modded truck. i always would beat 6.0s till i raced one with sct!! OMG I had no chance at all he killed me by a long shop. and still dose with stage 1s.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Take it to the track and see what she's got...:thumb: If you know your total weight and trap speed you can estimate RWHP pretty accurately.

I'd be happy to meet you there...:icon_ford:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Find a dyno.

·
Registered
781 Posts
x2 on nubers needed. dyno or track.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Track time on a test 'n tune is usually around $20 around here. Have fun for a few hours maybe get a hand full of passes in. A dyno on the other hand will run you $75-100 for 3 pulls on the rollers.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts