Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 250 psd and i do a lot of towing and plowing with it but the springs are sagging and i figure if i replace them i might as well lift it. i would like to go 6" but i dont think i can plow if i go that high. does anyone have lifts on thier plow trucks?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have had a few plow trucks and I would go max 4" I couldn't imagine towing with a bigger truck than I got now it's such a pain trying to get my fiver to sit right

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have 4" procomp and i had to make drop brackets to make my fisher v sit right it was not that hard to do and if you go with a 6" you could probably just mak longer brackets i also have 315s on my truck

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you plow with 315 and 4" of lift? because thats basically 8" of lift over stock tires, stock suspension?

·
Registered
284 Posts
i run 35's toyo's. i have around 4" of custom lift. i had to drop the blade mounts. i don't know if i would go any higher but that is me. as long as u get the angles right (as far as truck to blade mounts), i think that u would be fine - just hard to see what ur doing in front of u.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
one of our trucks has an 8 inch lift and 37s. but we had to custom make the mount... plowed good tho, mine has 4 inch lift and 33s. and a normal plow would work fine, id stick around 4 maybe 6

·
Registered
72 Posts
my truck plows very good with the lift and 315s it sits up high enough that the snow coming out the sides ofthe plow does not scrape down the sides the worst part of plowing with my truck is that it is a crew cab with tinted windows so backing up at night sucks but i look good doin it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
my friend in washington state had at least 4" with 315s and he pulled his gooseneck trailer all the way to maine and back to washington with no problems

1 - 10 of 10 Posts