Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 6.7 at work that rarely needed any DEF, then it went in for a recall. Not it consumes much more. How much do your trucks go through? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I have a 2015, with only 3400 miles, it was full of DEF when purchased, had to added more when the light came on indicating only 500 miles left until empty. I believe that was at about 2500 miles of use. Hope that helps. I read in the manual that it should go anywhere from 4000 to 7500 miles IIRC.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I figured I was getting about 1000 mpg over the winter with lots of highway miles.

I'm sure if you are using it as a work truck hauling heavy stuff with more stop and go driving your usage will be more than I experienced.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone hauling some light construction equipment? We haul mostly smaller excavators, and mini front end loaders, etc. thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your tank or a gallon? Do you tow?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also went 7000 miles before the light came on to add then I went in for the recall on my 14 and now I added 2 1/2 gal of def and after 1900 miles it says under half tank. I was told the recall is for emissions and it uses more def fluid

·
Super Moderator
2,709 Posts
I was about 6,300 each time I filled up with approximately 200 miles left till empty so I'm seeing about 6,500 miles per tank. Tow 4-5 times a year for camping weekends.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I don't remember how much we are using I'll ask and post on how much it is

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have '14.
What is the recall about?
How big(capacity wise) is the DEF tank?
I am leaving Eastern Canada and towing a uhaul with my daughters Escape on it.
I asked the Shop Foreman at my local dealer if he had a rough idea on DEF useage.
I will be on I 95 to Florida than to Sarasota and figure 60-70- mph all day for 4 days anyway,drop that all off and head home.I am hoping to take the road less travelled back north(read-not the interstate)
He told me to fill it up prior to departure and take a jug with me.
Makes sense,just want to know any of you gents have experience with DEF usage for something like this.
I will be coming back north with no tow.

·
Don't you worry about it
2017 F250
8,336 Posts
I have a 14 as well. Don't really know about the recall but I know my def lasts about 7500 miles or so. I think it's around a 5 gal tank. Just know this, the sensors will not reset unless it's filled up completely so if yours says it's empty and you put one jug in it it will not recognize it and the truck will eventually go to reduced speed. It's not hard to find though so I'd fill up before you leave and fill it up when it tells you too

Reactions: seadog
1 - 15 of 15 Posts