Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost HG’s quite a while ago and had them replaced about 5-10k ago. I recently noticed some residue in the degas bottle and imagine it is from the previous issues. I plan on installing the fumoto valves and switching to the 6.4 starter since I will be removing the starter to install the Pas side valve.

I am thinking to do a couple drain/refill with distilled then dump in some cascade and/or dawn. I found a few posts that mention doing this but I didn’t encounter any that said how much cascade to put in. All I can imagine is the kitchen scene from cherry 2000. So my questions are; how much cascade do I put in it? Do i also add some Dawn? How much cascade, how much dawn and/or how much of each? Also how long do I run it after adding the detergents?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I’d stay away from circulating the dawn. Cascade won’t foam up. I imagine everyone will have varying opinions, but you just want enough detergent to break up the residual oil that may remain inside. You may actually find the cascade isn’t necessary after a flush or two, depending on how time allows you to do it. Do it in a day, or throughout the course of a few days. Personally mine only required a removal of the degas bottle and a cleaning with dawn off the truck.

·
Premium Member
11,640 Posts
They sell Cascade with Dawn in it though I don't necessarily think you'd need that. If you have some oil contamination it would probably help I suppose. I'd dissolve about a cup or so in a gallon of distilled water. I would not put the Cascade directly in the degas bottle. It probably wouldn't hurt, but I think it would be better to have it in solution first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts