Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got a new KC whistler stage 1 turbo in my truck, and it’s boost is peaking at about 36psi on my tuned and deleted 2016. The truck is stock other than the delete and turbo, stock fueling. The stage 1 is supposed to make the same boost as the stock turbo, but my tuner is telling me this turbo should be making more than 36 psi. I never really paid attention to my boost on my old turbo so I have no point of reference, but I figured 36 psi is lots especially for stock fueling. Am I right? Or is my turbo not making enough boost?

· Registered
3 Posts
So I recently got a new KC whistler stage 1 turbo in my truck, and it’s boost is peaking at about 36psi on my tuned and deleted 2016. The truck is stock other than the delete and turbo, stock fueling. The stage 1 is supposed to make the same boost as the stock turbo, but my tuner is telling me this turbo should be making more than 36 psi. I never really paid attention to my boost on my old turbo so I have no point of reference, but I figured 36 psi is lots especially for stock fueling. Am I right? Or is my turbo not making enough boost?
Hi Can you give me some feed back on the turbo? I'm getting one installed and wanted to see how you like.

· Registered
133 Posts
Hi Can you give me some feed back on the turbo? I'm getting one installed and wanted to see how you like.
Sorry for the late reply.
I absolutely love the turbo. Sounds amazing and pushes a ton of power. The install definitely wasn't too fun and I had to end up going with a different company to tune the truck that understood what I had done to it

· Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
I absolutely love the turbo. Sounds amazing and pushes a ton of power. The install definitely wasn't too fun and I had to end up going with a different company to tune the truck that understood what I had done to it

No worries

Thanks

I just installed it.

I feel like I lost a lot of the bottom end power.

Too much turbo lag.

Can you relate?

Not driving it now. Torque converter just went on me. Waiting for it to get replaced.

Also what tunner/tune are you using and what difference did it make.

Thanks!

· Registered
133 Posts
You'll definitely have a bit of lag compared to stock but you'll gain a ton in the mid and high range. BUT! I had the same issue with a ton of lag and had to go with another tuning company. I found the company that actually does alot of the tuning for KC turbos trucks and WOW!!!! What an amazing setup.

· Registered
3 Posts
You'll definitely have a bit of lag compared to stock but you'll gain a ton in the mid and high range. BUT! I had the same issue with a ton of lag and had to go with another tuning company. I found the company that actually does alot of the tuning for KC turbos trucks and WOW!!!! What an amazing setup.
What tuning company did you go with?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts