Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many turbos people have gone through. My 05 has gone through 3 in less than 18,000 miles. EGR was replace. Intake removed because of coking? Also repaired at the same dealer.The funny thing is. The dealer asked if I drive on the freeway. I asked him why do you ask? He answered was cause we see these kind of problems from truck that drive around the city. The funny thing is it is all highway miles!

·
Registered
299 Posts
I was wondering how many turbos people have gone through. My 05 has gone through 3 in less than 18,000 miles.
:eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg::eek:mg:

·
Registered
418 Posts
What he said! OMG! What if any mods are you running?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
my family's mech. has an 05 f350 or f450 bone stock its a tow truck but like the pick up truck style he has gone through I believe 2 trannys and like 3 or 4 turbos. Truck only has about 50k on it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There is something they are missing if you are going threw that many turbos. It is not oiling properly or something. I would dig alittle deeper because that can't be right.

·
Registered
299 Posts
my family's mech. has an 05 f350 or f450 bone stock its a tow truck but like the pick up truck style he has gone through I believe 2 trannys and like 3 or 4 turbos. Truck only has about 50k on it.
I'd Lemon Law that thing right back to FORD in a hurry. Pretty easy really to do

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
man no kidding there is no way you should have to put up with that many problems i hope your luck turns around but i agree with previous there is a lub line or something along that line that is not working or they screwed something up even worse when they have been fixing it

·
Registered
674 Posts
I would try to take it to a different dealer and see what they say. It sounds like someone is just throwing parts at your truck and hope it solves the problem.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:agree: i would get a second opinion even if the guys you are takeing it to are good (im not saying otherwise) even people can miss very simple things

·
Registered
203 Posts
Damn. In the meantime, I'd floor the truck on onramps (once it's warm) and when you can to try to keep soot from building up

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My brothers 03 has 225k miles and its still on the same turbo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's scary how random the 6.0 seems to be...

Navistar quality control and engineering ftl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts