Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
I did a partial bullet proof when egr blew. And did gaskets arps and a few other things. Had more issues but nothing caused by the work and my truck is at 290k but needs work. So I'm where you're at. I'd get the bulletproofed truck for that price. An untouched truck if yiu bulletproof is atleast 5k, so you're going to spend more in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m new here and in the market for a diesel. Gas fords always gave me and family problems so I’ve stayed away from them for many years. Buddy at work told me once the 6.0 gets bullet proofed it’s a worthy diesel to own..found one that says been bullet proofed but I’m not sure how to check it myself while at the dealer. They said they took it in on trade already done but that’s it, no papers it sounds like. Truck has 180k roughly and it’s a 04. Any help on this and other possible issues would be great. Trying to see this today most likely tomorrow tho( like that matters being on a forum lol). Thanks

·
Registered
116 Posts
@Will0713 Updates? Should probably start a different thread though so you don't hijack this one.
Quick check is to look at the driver side front head bolt. If there's a stud, one of two things: A. It's had some level of "bulletproofing" or B. They replaced the ones you can see easily for top dollar on trade. The dealer isn't going to care what was/wasn't done since it's old, that's likely an as-is sale right there. You might be able to get an extended warranty but be careful with the terms.

As for my rebuild. I think there are only about 3k miles on it. It was completed late in the year so we only had 1 pull with the trailer and shorter distance hauls. So far running 100% better.
ARP studs
KDD heads
KCTurbos Stage 1
OEM Injectors
Stand pipes (updated)
Dummy plugs (updated)
Turbo feed tube (updated)
Turbo drain tube (updated)
Blue spring update
OEM oil cooler
EGR delete
IPR coolant filter
CAT EC1 coolant
OEM gaskets
OEM degas bottle
-I feel like I'm missing stuff.. ohwell, that is the main stuff.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I think I'm at 15 or 20k now. 96k on the clock and I think I did it around 75 or 80. No issues runs like a champ hopefully for many more miles to come

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I'm not even gonna answer this in fear of jinxing myself...

-jokester

·
Administrator
21,736 Posts

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
I bought everything BPD ever thought about selling! These parts were installed on a new factory reman engine that was purchased when the truck was at 100k. I've only put 15k on truck since then but yes, I would not hesitate to drive to wherever. I purchased the truck (drw) new in 2004 and in later years used it as a second vehicle for transporting my horses but after this engine replacement -- and SCT tuner, I find that I can't stop driving the thing -- I absolutely love this truck!

Why would I drive an '04 dually and leave my Raptor sitting in the garage? Because it's such a damn nice truck!

Reactions: voodooridr
21 - 27 of 27 Posts