Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a couple years ago, my truck had a couple injectors put in it while still under factory warranty #2 and #5. Just here recently, 2 more died #1 and #5, so that's #5 in less than 50k miles...however there were complications when cleaning hfcm that may have helped lead to that, or helped finish it off. My wife works at a parts store, she spoke to a guy just today with an 03 f250 with a 6.0 has had no trouble, not a bit, no injectors, no nothing...275k miles, literally must be one in a million. Got me to thinking, with no trauma, adequate fuel pressure, great batteries, and corresponding great ficm, how long do they actually last?

Seems simple enough, except when talking to a couple local shops, the dealer, and reading on here, it looks like some injectors are more problematic than others...the #5 in particular, not just because of my truck, but I've seen probably more #5's going bad than others...is it just me, or any correlation? Does one bank tend to loose fuel pressure before the other, and lead to bad injectors more frequently? Just wondering.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i talked to a guy yesterday fualing up he had a 06 215,000 company truck never had a wrench put to it .,he did say at 3000 miles they put a coolant filter on it and thats it ,he did say in feb. 2013 he gets a new 2013 wow nice

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
I'll need to check my records when I get home to see which 2 injectors were replaced. I've got 6 original injectors that are about to hit 200k, the two that were replaced have about 75k on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine had all 8 original injectors that I replaced at 134,xxx when I did studs and gaskets.
That's kinda my problem, I'm at 145k, and while its cheaper for me to go in there and change the injectors one at a time, as they go bad its still a pain. After much review, ill probably be going with 8 injectors from warren diesel. Figure while I'm in there ill do it once, possibly upgrade too.

In the process of ordering a sct ts from Vivian, I need to ask her I guess what she thinks about the stock+ warren injectors ...155 with stock tips as i understand. I mean, if tueres a little more power to be had, and if they get the same or better mileage, why not. If they're not much bigger than stock, I can't see them raising cylinder pressures that much to be an issue with head gaskets. I know its been covered elsewhere, but thoughts on warren stock plus vs stock vs new dealership injectors?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
308k..........

On my 96 7.3..............:D

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
598 Posts
306k on all original injectors in my 97 7.3 and climbing daily. My other 7.3 made it to 286k before new injectors completely.

Sent from my LG-P925 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
206,000 miles and still going

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have 155,000 on all 8 and counting (knock on wood)....synthetic oil 5k changes, fuel filters every 10k and diesel kleen every other tank.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very impressive...some of this makes me want to take the chance on my other 6 injectors that arent bad currently and see if they'll live longer. I'm really leaning towards 8 warren diesel injectors.

What's the thoughts on warren's stock plus injectors? Any experiance with em, fuel mileage, power...does it have to be tuned different for them?

·
Registered
178 Posts
127,000 on mine.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
106,000 on all original injectors.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Almost 200, 000.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
As far as I know mine are original...127,300 miles...but that might be about to change. Blue smoke on cold start. :dunno:

·
Registered
256 Posts
2007 f-250 with 40200 miles original injectors working like new.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'd be very curious to know what factory pcm and ficm flash the really higher mikeage ones are on, those over the 150k mark still with the ones it left the factory with. Pretty interesting, I wonder if its the flash that makes them die sooner, or the oil, the fuel. Certainly the bad ones couldnt have all run out of fuel and/or had bad batteries leading to bad ficm...but it would appear that they dont really wear out per say, at least not with any correlation.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts