Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
2000 F-350 840,000 miles got 783,000 out of first engine always used Hi-Tach engine oil Stabilizer in it , Now they Closed down Last July. Also have a 2000 F-550 with 226,000 just replaced Engine with a 79,000 miles motor, after replacing Lower Bearings in original motor and used a National parts chain Oil Filter that Collapsed within 100 miles and got a Wrist Pin. So I am now Happy with Two Great Running 2000 Fords with Powerstroke 7.3L

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi miles

Hey guys- new to the forum here just wanted to drop a note. I'm the original owner of a 2001 7.3 F250 crew with 415,000 and counting. Never had the valve covers off her. Yes had to replace the oil pan and other bolt on stuff but still running really strong daily driver now putting on 50k yearly up and down the east coast.
Ant questions just ask... I'll get a picture up shortly

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey hansel I see you have an 03' 2x4. Is that deleted as well? I'm new to the diesel world. I just bought an 02 7.3 Excursion that is 2x4 completely stock and wanted to get more power out of it for towing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey hansel I see you have an 03' 2x4. Is that deleted as well? I'm new to the diesel world. I just bought an 02 7.3 Excursion that is 2x4 completely stock and wanted to get more power out of it for towing.
more power => shorter transmission life. just sayin' ...

·
Registered
24 Posts
2001 F350 SCSB 6 sp. change oil (Rotella) and filter (Motorcraft) every 3k and fuel filters (Motorcraft) every 10k

·
Registered
615 Posts

There’s no such thing as deleting in the 7.3 world, there are already no emission controls from the factory

I’d start with a chip, most people go with the hydra if you want more power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just rolled over 296K on the '00 Truck. Acquired it in 2014 w/ 233K on it. Just done regular maintenance to it. Don't know any history about it. Step-dad bought it 2012ish from the corner lot in Kingman,AZ. Motor/trans still too clean for coming up on 300K.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a 99 ccdrw with 261,000 on it. Just replaced the tranny at 259,xxx. (It was the original!) I bought it with 218,000 on it. So far I have rebuilt the front end, it has new AC, alternator, entire steering replaced, new brakes, new fuel pickup and pump. Nothing unexpected with a truck this old. Now it is in very good shape.

·
Registered
518 Posts
233,233 as of the ride in this morning (and yeah, I'm embarrassed by the dust on the instrument cluster lens and will address it accordingly when I get home).The wife & I usually carpool but since she's laid off, I've been having to drive. The old boy is still singin' the 7.3 song strong. Planning to do the glow plugs, UCVH, valve cover gaskets, CAC boots, and CCV vent o-rings soon but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I love my old truck and hope to have it for at least another 233,233 miles! (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
233,233 as of the ride in this morning (and yeah, I'm embarrassed by the dust on the instrument cluster lens and will address it accordingly when I get home).The wife & I usually carpool but since she's laid off, I've been having to drive. The old boy is still singin' the 7.3 song strong. Planning to do the glow plugs, UCVH, valve cover gaskets, CAC boots, and CCV vent o-rings soon but just haven't gotten around to it yet. I love my old truck and hope to have it for at least another 233,233 miles! (y)
ALL THOSE MATCHING NUMBERS.....SUCH A SHOW-OFF..... :D

DRIVE AND ENJOY.....

·
Registered
518 Posts
ALL THOSE MATCHING NUMBERS.....SUCH A SHOW-OFF..... :D

DRIVE AND ENJOY.....
🤓😇
Gonna try to make it read 234567 on the main odo, then 890 on the trip. Only have 1 chance at it. Hoping not to put that many more miles on it in a year but don't know with this having to drive every day thing. May be sooner than I hoped or think.

·
Registered
47 Posts
2000 F250 ECSB 4x4 - 169,826. Bought by my grandfather in early 2002 with 15,000miles. He owned it till his knees gave him issues and I bought it from him at 87,000. Been in my possession ever since. Change Oil and Filters Regularly (I like Motorcraft oil and filters) I do use a baldwin fuel filter after i had some issues with a motorcraft one around 107,000. Diesel Additive pretty regularly (not religious about it). Only "Major" issues have been I heated the trans up pretty good once, been rock solid since, lost vacuum lines to hubs and burnt one rotor and bearing up, and foot valve on the tank pickup broke off and sucked air into fuel system pretty good. Other that those, its never given me issues. Stock injectors, turbo, trans. Last thing, buy a beater of a DD if you can and youll thank yourself. I spent $2500 on a hyundai sonata and the miles per month on my truck have greatly reduced.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Clicked 234,000 on the way back from the dump. If I've done the math right (as I'm a little slow), the next post will show 234,567 on the main odometer, and 8910 on the trip odometer. Meh..something to do. I'll reset the trip odometer at 235,000 and all will be back balanced in the universe again because I'm OCD like that.
F-250 234000.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts

Taken last Summer near the end of day #2 of my cross-country to Hilton Head SC to pick up a new-to-me hobby car. The trip odometer represents 1,737 miles driven since the beginning of the trip in Los Angeles the previous morning. I make about 900 miles a day towing. With the 58 gal tank, even at 10.5 MPG I only have to fuel twice a day. Saves a lot of wheels not turning time over the course of a 2,500 mile trip.

·
Registered
106 Posts
232k on my 00 cclb. Parents bought it new. Came to me last winter with 230k on it. I've been in the process of replacing rusted out parts and body panels since. Not to mention all sorts of other issues it's had from being parked the last 2 or 3 years.

The bed was just replaced over winter as well as rear half of frame por15'd. Cap was just added a few weeks ago. Work in progress for sure. Cab is smoked as you can probably see...

61 - 78 of 78 Posts