Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY!

so I've got a new to me 7.3l, it has 117XXX miles on it currently.

I'm just curious on how many miles are on other rigs?

is there anything special you do to keep them on the road ??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got an '02 f350 with 251k. Got it at 206k. Mostly just fix all the problems the last owner messed up so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
my 2002 F250 supercab longbed 7.3 4x4 has 233765 miles, had about 226000 when I bought it a few months ago. needed some glowplug love when I got it, otherwise, everything is pretty much in perfect shape.

·
Super Moderator
19,330 Posts
Just popped 250,000 on Saturday, put about 80 miles on it since.

I've had it since '05. I have done the maintenance regularly, replaced stuff that needed replacing, fixed things that should be fixed...and kept it pretty clean, waxed, detailed.

Edit: Now @ 256,6## (8/1/19)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
2001 CCSRW 4X4 7.3 with 288K

2003 CCDRW 2X4 7.3 with 135K

Keep clean oil and filter's run a fuel additive because of the low sulfur diesel fuel, and she will run a long time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
2000 CCLB 4x4 just turned 199k

I got it at 164k, and as mentioned, they just like a good maintenance plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
615 Posts
340k on mine, although it does have a reman motor since someone overheated it badly before. Original trans though

My dad has 270k on his 98. Original 20 year old injectors, he’s been running WMO for over 100k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
961 Posts
194,450 now, 119,085 in March 2013 when I bought my 99 CCSB 4X4 Lariat from the Original Owner who I've known since 1979. Other than chasing chronic brake-shake, I've replaced the water pump, alternator, and done some improvements like an AIS intake, coolant filter, new Michelins, and 6.0 trans cooler. This truck came with some cool additions like electric bed roller cover, 58 gal fuel tank, and a Gear Vendors overdrive, but has never been lifted, tuned, or towed heavy. While slightly crusty underneath from its previous life in Colorado, it now resides in SoCal so it won't deteriorate any further. It still has shiny original paint in excellent condition. It shows it's been cared for.

To me, the best way to keep them "reliable" is to leave the hood shut, and stock tire sizes. 75K miles in 5-1/2 years with ZERO breakdowns, mostly towing my 5,500 lb enclosed trailer, I'm satisfied with my strategy. Leave it alone, and little goes wrong.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Bought my 02 in 2013 with 116k miles,
did the tranny at 158k, water pump and rear driveshaft around 180k and injectors at 225k

i have a little over 228,000 on it...... in comparison my 94 explorer i just bought in january has the 4.0 with 234,000 on it, bought it with 229k on the original motor, so my diesel is slowly catching up with the exploder.

the saddest part is my 2k 4.0 ranger that i turned into a parts truck for the explorer has 154k on it, it is the lowest mileage car in our household LOL, was saving it for a spare engine for the explorer put came across a 5.0, which is still sitting in my garage because the 4.0 with 234k runs so good....... gotta love my fords.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just hit 294000 on my 02, original injectors and trans too

·
Registered
518 Posts
'01 4x4 CCSB, bought 12/16 from 82 y/o original owner with 194,000'ish miles on it. Just ticked past 225,000 this summer. Transmission was replaced with a new Ford unit from Ford a couple of years before I got it as the paperwork for that repair was in the glove box along with every receipt for maintenance since it was new. I've replaced the water pump, radiator, FEAD belt, A/C compressor, drier and orifice tube, and converted all of the lights to LED's, changed all of the fluids front to back to be sure they were fresh but found on each one they were all clean as the maintenance schedule book indicated. Want to drop the tank to check the pick-up screen and filters but have not as of yet. Also want to change the shocks but my wife's head spun around like someones house landed on her sister when I mentioned it so...

·
Registered
692 Posts
274,000 on mine, as far as I know the engine/injectors are still factory. The Transmission was rebuilt around 240,000. How to keep it on the road? like most things clean air, clean fuel, and clean oil. This will help keep it on the road for a long time. Honestly though, you have to neglect a 7.3l pretty bad to kill it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bought it non running a year ago for $3,700, with 134,00 miles. Finally got it going! I'm at 138,683 now. Drove it from sanfancisco to l.a. pick up a boat and towed it all the way back . It was like pulling a feather.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bought my 1999 Lariat supercab 7.3 last fall from the original owner who towed an Airstream. Had 91k miles and he was meticulous in maintaining it. Has 95k now and I plan to do the same. Love it!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts