Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the factory nav system is capable of reading a 250gig hard disk via the USB port? if not what is the cut off?

I dumped a bunch of albums on a 250 gig drive and plugged it in, the system wouldnt even find it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Most likely the drive default formatted to an NTFS file system. You will want to format the drive to FAT or FAT32 for the truck to recognize it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought of that after posting this, yes, it was ntfs formated from win 7 enterprise, i just reformated as xfat and am copying back again.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reformated a 320 gig as fat32, this took hours, but moved the music back and it does read it now. Sort of funny sync being a MS product and it wont read ntfs or even xfat partitions.

Anyway i swear the sound quality is better from my ipod.

Oh yeah, sync told me it can not work with voice due to the amount of files.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Agree 100% the quality appears to be much better from my Ipod then the 32gb flash drive i have been using. How ever the start up and access speed from switching tracks is much faster with the drive.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i would love to know that also, i had to format my 320 as fat32. for some reason i coulnt get it to read ntfs

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
6130 as of this morning.

My office is in Burlington ma, i am in the office 4 days a week which is 146 miles daily. If you would like to put some miles on let me know i can help you out with that.

The good part is that the truck has been flawless since day one and i hope to keep it that way!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
system engineer at a software company.....if you ask my wife i surf the internet all day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
zealousdragon
how is you 500gb drive formated?
I apoligize deeply for taking so long to reply. It was an oversight. Anyways,,, I did fat32. I also keep the drive in my glove box and use the usb connection next to the glove box thats behind the dash. This way I can still use the usb on the dash for my phone for example.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts