Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my turbo yesterday and made a short video of the side play. It looks like the wheel might be contacting the housing at times but I could not get it to touch.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Locking hubs

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That thing is almost toast. Pull it and take it apart and get a look at the bearings and where the bearings sit. See if the scoring on where they sit is really bad and if it is, rebuilding it is out of the equation. How many miles on it?

193K miles but it had 34K on it when I bought in 2008 and I believe it was replaced before. In 2012 when I replaced my head gaskets and all the updates I pulled, cleaned and lubed the exhaust fins with anti-seize. Never messed with the other side with the bearings.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Judging by the look of it do you think it would last 200-300 more miles? If I'm careful when and where I drive it then that is all the miles I need to put on it before Christmas break when I can tear it down. If rebuildable what kit do you guys recommend? If it needs a housing is it still worth it to rebuild them? If not what turbo do you recommend? I don't need anything high performance. Also I do not want a 2003 wheel on it that whistles like a Duce and a Half.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.