Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be doing a oil change and probably fuel filter change in a week or so when I delete my truck but was wonder how many miles are you guys running between changes? I'll be running Amsoil Synthetic which is what I ran in my Dodge 6.7L deleted and was getting 20,000 between oil changes(10,000 filter change). Are the 6.4L's capable of this or is it a inline thing to run that long?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
been running amsoil since the first oil change when I bought the truck brand new. I have been going 10,000kms on every oil change since I got it. I tuned and deleted at 65,000kms and have just continued at the 10,000km interval. However I have not been getting oil analysis' done :doh:. Maybe I should look into those.:)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well I'm up to 10k mile oil changes, I'm deleted and running Rotella T6 with black stone reports including tbn. As long as my wear and tbn keeps looking good ill keep extending it.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
quick question- i went to bleed the fuel/water mixture out of my primary fuel filter, i tried to open the valve to bleed the fuel and nothing came out, opened and closed serveral time to see if there was a blockage of some sort and also stuck a metal pointer in there to see if the drain port was clogged. Nothing. Is this normal or is this problem? thank you.

·
Registered
872 Posts
to the OP... get an oil analysis done... i've been doing 5k oil changes and blackstone reports for the last 20K.. they say i should be able to swing 7500 miles no p roblem.. i haven't done it just for piece of mind.. but maybe one of these days.. blackstone will send you the sample packages for free. its worth every penny.

lucas .... you should have a steady stream of diesel coming out of there when you open it up. try some pipe cleaner from an arts and crafts store. if that still doesn't work.. you need to take the housing apart and clean it. you probably have some sludge in there you def want to get out. there is a thread on here you can search for... try a search on fuel filter housing cleaning

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I don't go over 6000 km and I'm deleted.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I do mine every 5k but I have questioned if it is really necessary. I am also tuned and deleted. I figure that a 70 dollar oil change on a 10k motor is cheap insurance but then again I know that stuff adds up.

·
Registered
268 Posts
As long as your DELETED. Mines not and I'm lucky to get 3,000 miles between, otherwise the dam oil pan would overflow.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
have a lab check it out. different trucks do different things, dont run for 7k because someoen with the same motor does.

see what your rig likes. maybe run your oil for 5/6k and send it to blackstone labs. go to their web site, they will send you a free kit. you can send a check and your oil to them. indicate you are interested in extened oil life.

my 6.0 likes T6 for about 6800 miles.

·
Registered
769 Posts
5,000 miles using Motorcraft diesel. It comes out as dark as the beer I drink at that interval.

Have a report run on your diesel and you'll know if you can extend that interval or not.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
When I run syn oil in the winter I run 7k between changes. I tested at 5 and at 7 and everything was good, but I figure 7k is long enough with the hard cold weather starts and the towing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts