Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this is a problem, really...

Links pasted into threads used to be displayed (to me) as the thread name. Now they show as a truncated URL.

Question #1 - Is this a me-thing or an everyone-thing?

Question #2 - If it is an everyone-thing, can it be changed?

·
Registered
8,496 Posts
Same for me if I post links to older threads etc. Didn't bother me but funny you mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that I've pointed it out and it can bother everyone, my work here is done...

:)

·
Administrator
2,047 Posts
Hey guys,

This changed with the introduction of HTTPS. I know it was reported and ticketed but since it's not a forum issue and more of looks thing, I'm not sure when tech will look at it.

Niall

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
So in layman's terms. Not my problem. Gotcha.

Are you guys going to do anything about the pics that are linked to http vs https?

·
Administrator
2,047 Posts
Right now if your browser was showing the HTTP images it would invalidate our security certificate. This is not just a powerstroke.org issue, this is any site that has SSL certification shows mixed content linked from other sources. At the moment there is no easy fix for this its how your browser reads the links as permitted based on the site security.
-Philip

·
Administrator
21,558 Posts
Here is the update from my ticket... Kevin has his chit together.

I've been working on this on another site, and it's connected with the new SSL certificate I believe, but I haven't been able to get a fix in yet. From my own tests, some links still parse into the title, but only external links

Example: Speed Ventures - Track Event Detailed Information

I didn't do any editing on that link. I think it has to do with the site hosting not having SSL, which is backwards to all I understand about SSL, but there it is. This is a more "extra feature" then a "necessary" one, and one we have a easy enough work around for by doing it manual, so I haven't been given any priority tech attention, but when things calm down on our end I should be able to get it sorted

Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right now if your browser was showing the HTTP images it would invalidate our security certificate. ...
Here is the update from my ticket... Kevin has his chit together.
I never saw these last responses. Sorry guys.

I'm probably going to sound agitated in what I write. I'm not. Please - mentally - insert a smiley wherever one seems appropriate. :)

I am not looking for preview images. I am looking for the name of a link to be displayed instead of a truncated URL.

So everyone is aware... It doesn't matter to me how external links are presented. My point is that internal links to THIS SITE don't get displayed the way that they used to. Here is a link to a sticky thread that is on this site:

https://www.powerstroke.org/forum/powerstroke-org-builds-projects/1031289-bdp-oil-cooler-relocation-some-miscellany.html

It used to be displayed as:

BDP Oil Cooler Relocation and some miscellany

^^^ I did that manually. Could I do that every time? NO. I post far too many links on this site to reasonably manually assign a link to text every time.

Now, I suppose that a case could be made that THIS SITE doesn't have the proper blah blah blah for the proper posting of links on THIS SAME SITE, but that would seem a little strange.

Big deal? Nahhh... ...but it really does improve reading a thread because you can decide before you click if there is a reason to click.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
21,558 Posts
So you want the links posted to show the thread title instead of the URL?
When did you notice this happening approximately?

Ed
The actual ask is to have the links function as they have since inception... the change was made when the ticket was opened in the back room.

·
Super Moderator
19,280 Posts
My old ticket is the same as here. It's a cosmetic thing, so it's on hold for now

Kevin
Oh sure......somebody lost the make-up, didn't they? :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts