Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear from anyone with good news about the 08 and towing. I need to tow my fifth wheel. I drove the big three 08 models and the Ford and Dodge both seem to be real nice trucks. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My bro when he tows our 40ft gooseneck enclosed sled trailer gets bout 8.5-9mpg... He is lifted 6" tho and also has The Kem programmer on 80hp and regen deleted.... Tows it great!!!! Plenty of power

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I pull a 30 foot trailer tilt ramp trailer and my 5,000lb prerunner, and and couple of quads and bikes....can't even tell they are back there :icon_ford:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
i towed when i was stock and when i was lifted. The truck outpulls any other stock diesel ford has produced, bar none.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tow a 28" vintage eclosed loaded around 12,000 LBS cant tell its back there. I pull Baker grade in CA which is about a 6% 20 mile long grade as fast as i want.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Tow a 26ft toyhauler loaded with Rhino, quads, water, food, clothes, and BEER, weighs in at about 10K I can haul it as fast as I want, and it trails great...mine had the "camper package" on it, so I have the overloads, and rear sway bar, not sure how much the sway bar helps, but I am sure its better than without it. Also last weekend I towed my 24ft Pontoon for the first time...its so light I thought it had come un hooked..lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am a previous owner of two Dodge Cummins. I pull an enclosed 24' and toys weight about 7000 lbs. The Ford handles the load much better and so it should because it's made much heavier. The Ford dealer should have given you a DVD called "The truth about trucks". Really good stuff. Power wise, my opinion, the same as others........STOCK. I drove, pulled my trailor and tested each make before I purchased. Again my opinion..........Ford.:thumb:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I dont have one, but a friend of mine has the 450 and LOVES IT he swares by it, he tows 20k daily. He keeps pushing me to get one....

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Towing is awesome, the only concern I have is when towing a small trailer 4x8 for additional dirt bikes. The truck tows so well that I have to constantly keep checking to make sure the trailer is right side up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had the truck almost a year and tow 8k at least twice a week w NO problem. I have pulled over 30k with the 450 and it handled well, even though I was driving "soft" the boost gauge was pegged. After that pull 18k felt lite!

Mini- ex and trailer 8k +
DT-150 with vib plow and 30' gooseneck 30k
D-3 and gooseneck 18k

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
I pull a 9,700 Jayco 5er with a F250 manual 3:73. Pulls it at 67 mph all day. 11.2 MPH. Want to pass something? Just step down on the peddle no down shifting and see ya..............

·
Registered
124 Posts
I pull 7000lbs tool trailer daily 12mpg
I pull 28' boat 10 to 11000lbs and don't notice much difference.
Night and day from my '96 power stoke.
My brother pulled my boat home with his '04 cummins when I broke my leg wake boarding and it scared the *@#$ out of him. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I have pulled my 30' 5th wheel about 3000 miles. Weighs over 10,000lb. I have not weighed it yet.

No problems. I get from 10 to 12 mpg depending on the speed. Last tow I got 11.4 running 70 mph.

This is one heavy 250.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well my brother got on this web sight and saw what I wrote and his excuse was that it was $100,000 boat and a real narrow road. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
492 Posts
mine pulls a 24 ft hauler and a 20 ft four winns boat. i pulled the hauler from vegas to phoenix a couple weeks ago. 65 to 70 the whole way gave me 9.3 mpg. it's all stock. i was a little dissapointed cause my 05 gave me 11 on the same trip but the truck only had 1900 miles so i'll give it a while to come in. it drove good though. no noticable diff from it and the 05 though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pull 7000lbs tool trailer daily 12mpg
I pull 28' boat 10 to 11000lbs and don't notice much difference.
Night and day from my '96 power stoke.
My brother pulled my boat home with his '04 cummins when I broke my leg wake boarding and it scared the *@#$ out of him. :hehe::hehe::hehe:

See what my brother failed to explain, is yes, pulling is brand new, very expensive boat that wasn't mine, on a hilly back road did make me a little nervous. It had nothing to do with my truck. Nice try though bro.

Go Dodge, oh wait, this is a Ford site, go Ford. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I just told the story I heard. :moon: :ORG welcome:

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Love my 08 F-450 just hate feeding it

·
Registered
36 Posts
I pulled my 24ft with my old F-150, a 74 bronco frame, and a full load in the bed and cab and pulled real well. From Fayetteville NC to Houston TX. Pretty much 80 the whole way getting 9 miles to the gal. And then taking out a loan to pay for fuel. I weighed in LA. and it came out to 20,600 lbs..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts