Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have asked my friends a few time what kind of readings they get with there trucks, no real answers, so just wondering what type of readings YALL are geting, my self lately with no tune strait pipe 5.5 lift 35"s im geting up to 1200 with just cruzing, when i take my foot off the gas it drops fast but 1200-1300 is to high i think, or maby i dont know any beter, when i get on it (100hp t.s performance chip) i get up to like 1300 in a matter of 2 - 3 seconds. :dunno:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yeah, that isn't right. Sounds like you have a boost leak.

·
Registered
281 Posts
No way you should be seeing 1200 cruising around, should only be 500-650 cruising, I second the boost leak check.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Check for leaking up pipes as well while you are under the hood. Look for black soot on the firewall behind and below the turbo.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Mine runs around 600-800 (0-5 psi) at highway speed, idles at 300 and will go from 300-1500 (0-30 psi) in about 10 seconds when I floor it. I never let it stay over 1300 for more than a minute.
What kinda boost numbers you seeing?

·
Registered
65 Posts
just riding around empty, i see 400 to 650. the only times i see number that high is when i am pulling and i have the defeuler set at 1225 so i rarely see 1200...

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
First...where is your sensor?

Some people put the sensor post turbo,..why...I don't know,...but it's not right...the people that have it post turbo will see much lower temps the people with it pre turbo.....

post turbo people....are accidents waiting to happen....Why do you want to what the temp is,...after it already melted your turbo?...lololololololololol

second...what size tires, wheels, how much your towing, dually?, and what gearing do you have?

EGT's are directly in conjunction with "load", outside temp, and bunch of other stuff.

normal EGT's should be between 650-850 cruising...with the occasional 900 on a hill.

I have 41's, a Safari rack, and a big bumper, with 4.56 gears.

My cruising temps are 750-900...with the occasional 1100 on a hill.

putting my foot down.....I see over 1500.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine run in the 900 - 1050 range on flat ground doing around 82mph and ~3000 rpm, if I catch a hill I'll hit around 1250 or so. That's with stock wheels and tires, dually, & 4.88 gears.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
First...where is your sensor?

Some people put the sensor post turbo,..why...I don't know,...but it's not right...the people that have it post turbo will see much lower temps the people with it pre turbo.....

post turbo people....are accidents waiting to happen....Why do you want to what the temp is,...after it already melted your turbo?...lololololololololol

second...what size tires, wheels, how much your towing, dually?, and what gearing do you have? What turbo, turbo mods, tuning, injectors, exhaust do you have?

EGT's are directly in conjunction with "load", outside temp, and bunch of other stuff.

normal EGT's should be between 650-850 cruising...with the occasional 900 on a hill.

I have 41's, a Safari rack, and a big bumper, with 4.56 gears.

My cruising temps are 750-900...with the occasional 1100 on a hill.

putting my foot down.....I see over 1500.

I added a little above in red. Well put by the way.

FYI, I rearely see 1500* even on the drag strip or sled track. Nothing over 1100* while towing 10K on a 15mile long 6-7% grade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey all thanks for the info, i found a boost leak in the place where i taped the first boost gauge connection, also it is pre turbo, i ended up taking the intake X pipe off and drilling and taping a new connection, My egts went way down after this now cruzin at 65 @ 1700 rpms im seeing around 800 or so, if i get on it i see around 1250-1300 and i jumps up pretty fast prob 4-5 seconds, i did notice black soot by the turbo down pipe on the firewall, so im looking into that, thanks all

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
hey all thanks for the info, i found a boost leak in the place where i taped the first boost gauge connection, also it is pre turbo, i ended up taking the intake X pipe off and drilling and taping a new connection, My egts went way down after this now cruzin at 65 @ 1700 rpms im seeing around 800 or so, if i get on it i see around 1250-1300 and i jumps up pretty fast prob 4-5 seconds, i did notice black soot by the turbo down pipe on the firewall, so im looking into that, thanks all
Your up pipes are leaking.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I can't beleive some of you guys are seeing 1500 that quick...You all need better tunes IMO

later

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Does your truck weigh more than 8200 lbs? Thats what mine weighs and I have never seen 1500. And i've been on it plenty. I know you have a big truck and i'm not trying to start an argument, just voicing my opinion. I've been wrong before. :thumb:

later

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Does your truck weigh more than 8200 lbs? Thats what mine weighs and I have never seen 1500. And i've been on it plenty. I know you have a big truck and i'm not trying to start an argument, just voicing my opinion. I've been wrong before. :thumb:

later

EGT's have to do with the complete setup. What id done to your truck? your sig is empty

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I know it does, I was replying to his comment about the size of his truck.
I got sick of my sig, so I've simplified. 7.3, afe, edge(intil yesterday, now dp)straight 3.5", AIH delete, ebpv unplugged, boost tube on w/g.

As far as high egt's I thought us boys with the edge's would have the highest ones...:hehe:

later

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was curious about mine also. I have the Edge with attitude, normally I run it on the mileage setting. Yesterday I turned it up to 5 and mashed on the throttle, it jumped to 32psi boost and 1500 egt. Is this normal? I just bought the truck in February, and don't know what mods are on it.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I realize that, that is precisley why i said i would be looking for a different setup....

I would not be happy with seeing 1500 regularly, thats all I'm saying, If you guys don't mind it, then more power to you...it's your truck.

later

1 - 20 of 31 Posts