Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Newbie, just reading on all things 6.0. I love all this great information. Thanks for the great write-up and as soon as I actually buy my truck, I have a better idea of what I need to do first. I driving needs will be back to my DD (motorcycle to work), towing across country when we move (wife is Navy and we always seem to move, lol) and camping, fishing, boat towing etc for fun. Our next duty station will be Norfolk next year so I have a lot of prep to do before then.
Again, thanks for all the great info!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got HP Tuners so I can flash the FICM myself. Does anyone happen to know what kind of percentage they are adding to the pulse width or anything for these 3 tunes?

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I've got HP Tuners so I can flash the FICM myself. Does anyone happen to know what kind of percentage they are adding to the pulse width or anything for these 3 tunes?
Generic flash programmers like edge, bullydog, diablo, superchips etc do not program the FICM you will need either a php ficm programmer or one from innovative diesel. You can reach out to innovative or php for the info you are looking for though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Generic flash programmers like edge, bullydog, diablo, superchips etc do not program the FICM you will need either a php ficm programmer or one from innovative diesel. You can reach out to innovative or php for the info you are looking for though.
Like I say, HP tuners will flash the FICM. It's a tuning suite. I'm fairly new to it though, diesels especially.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Like I say, HP tuners will flash the FICM. It's a tuning suite. I'm fairly new to it though, diesels especially.
You'll want to reach out to powerhungry performance and innovative diesel. Jay who wrote this thread is no longer with PHP. Google their contact numbers/websites and they may give you the info you need. Just for curiosity sake what "tuning suite" are you using. Have yet to hear of someone being able to tune their ficm by themselves etc.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
You'll want to reach out to powerhungry performance and innovative diesel. Jay who wrote this thread is no longer with PHP. Google their contact numbers/websites and they may give you the info you need. Just for curiosity sake what "tuning suite" are you using. Have yet to hear of someone being able to tune their ficm by themselves etc.
He said he's using HP Tuners and that he can do it. It sounds like he basically wants PHP to tell him the values they use for FICM tuning lol. Not sure a company is going to just flat out spill their secrets.

·
Registered
15 Posts
He said he's using HP Tuners and that he can do it. It sounds like he basically wants PHP to tell him the values they use for FICM tuning lol. Not sure a company is going to just flat out spill their secrets.
^^^^^

This right here...Yeah, I'm not asking for PHP to tell me what to change, they will never release that information. Not necessarily PHP, just someone who has some tuning experience that can aid with what needs to be changed. There's not a whole lot about this kind of info out on the net. HP tuners is really popular in the GM world for street tuning/track tuning cars. It's a module you plug into your obd2 port, and interface with a laptop with the VCM editor. Similar to the software that SCT has, but for the 3rd time the "tuning suite" is HP tuners, and again it does support ficm programming....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I know what HP Tuners is, have seen it used plenty of times. It's funny though, how they offer FICM tuning but aren't really in the Ford scene...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know what HP Tuners is, have seen it used plenty of times. It's funny though, how they offer FICM tuning but aren't really in the Ford scene...
I know, that was directed to the Justin, not you lol.

Yeah I agree, I thought it was weird as well that they will do the FICM tuning....but I saw that and figured it was worth maybe trying to play around with.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
FICM's can cause problems, so just know whatever little parameter you change (if you end up doing so) could have a drastic impact on how the truck starts/runs. Just a word of caution.

Reactions: matholland618
41 - 50 of 50 Posts