Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the ipr off my 95 powerstroke because it won't start and it's not getting any oil pressure so I know its the ipr or the hpop but I would like to know what exactly the ipr does and if there is a way to tell its sticking any help is highly apreciated anybody who knows somethin about it just break it down for me thanks

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
pop the plug off the top of the hpop and make sure there is oil in there to pump.the ipr is basically a drain valve,it builds psi by closing off the drain port,thus slowing the oil drainage(is that a word?) and building more psi in the system.The higher the demand for oil psi,the farther it closes.A scanner is what you need.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks but im not gona have it scanned I talked to a diesel mechanic and we know its the ipr or the pump its self im just gona buy a new pump and ipr then if it doesn't start I'll have it scanned and the oil in the hpop is draining out so do u think there is a possibillity that its just the ipr ? Its got the same ipr and hpop that it had when it was built so they are both 15 years old

1 - 3 of 3 Posts