Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres how.

Sorry the pictures aren't really in order but I lifted the cab with my service truck crane. 3 4x4's through the cab and a come along to the front to balance things out.

Notice the nice Y pipes? They're made by Bernhausen Diesel in Langley BC. Made with the EGR scope etc deleted, stainless triple bellows flex joints, and fully wrapped, you do either have to remove the heat shield or persuade it with a hammer. Sat is taking orders on them if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
good work. the driver side up pipe looks kinked to me. is it just the angle?

·
Registered
858 Posts
nice pics. post more pics w ur progress

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, not kinked. It's just the way it looks. the bellows are bigger then OEM, so the angle there is a little sharp, but inside everything is smooth, much smoother then stock. I was hoping to have the exhaust manifolds ceramic coated, but didn't have the time. My goal with all the wrapping is not performance but to keep the underhood temps down, these engines create a lot of heat.

Progress.... Cab is back on, I'm taking the night off, then just have to bolt up all the periferals.

After that I'll be pulling the box off and installing a second fuel tank, an aft tank from an F550.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Very Nice. I am also a HD Mechanic and spend most of my time in chwk since that is where my gf lives. I just wish I had a service truck to tackle my head job.

·
Registered
534 Posts
nice.. That exhaust system looks nice. I wish I had the extra funds when I had my cab off to do that type of Y pipe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why? In two evening hours I got my heads off with the engine in frame and I didn't even drop the driverside motor mount... Cab pull is a waste of time for the most part...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Why? In two evening hours I got my heads off with the engine in frame and I didn't even drop the driverside motor mount... Cab pull is a waste of time for the most part...
Good for you but there are alot of reasons why...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice work. The shop truck and crane can come in handy for a lot of things. Sure makes it a lot simpler to work on with the cab off.

Do you keep your line two parted all the time or was the cab that heavy?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts