Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sometimes will browse ebay and craigslist every now and then just looking at other trucks and prices.. i was browsing the listing for a 2007 CCSB KR 6.0L... I know this is the 6.4 forum.. but i spend most of my time in here and figured i'd get the best response.

now... below is a the picture.. this truck has 59K miles on it.. and its an 07. my truck is an 08 and when I saw this i was in shock! I even showed my GF this pic, and she said "HOLY SH*T! WTF happened there?" (She knows how much time i spend on keeping my seats looking nice. she thinks i spend too much time on my truck as it is, i told her its an addiction)

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
fat people and neglect

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i guess.. i've seen faded ones and such.. but nothing like that. I always keep a sun visor up in the front windshield during the day, and windows are always tinted.. Leather CPR goes on every 6 weeks like clock work

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
That's the reason I didn't get a king ranch. Saw too many 06-07 trucks looking like this. I'm pretty good about taking care of my truck but it sits for weeks and bakes in the south Louisiana sun while i'm offshore. Invested in a expensive set of max4 camo seat covers in stead and love them.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
KR leather is an open pore leather and needs to be treated/cleaned differently. There's lots of KRs with faded leather. My Cabela's Edition just had all the seat covers/leather replaced under warranty because the two tone brown/taupe was fading.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm aware of all that.. but i really think that seats that look like that on something you're trying to sell would make or break it for me.. i love the KR interior, i know all the work and maintenance that goes into owning one so it doesn't bother me.. KR owner for 8 years now. every 6 weeks i'm out their cleaning and conditioning especially in the winter.

and i wanted a cabelas when i first saw one back early last year when i was looking for the truck i have now.. but i just couldn't find one.. and when i found this one i have now, with the trade i got on my 03.. to good to pass up... maybe next time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was looking at a new one the other day and the salesman at the Ford dealership told me they had a lifetime warranty on the leather.......... I wonder what the catch is?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at a new one the other day and the salesman at the Ford dealership told me they had a lifetime warranty on the leather.......... I wonder what the catch is?
Sign me up for that deal... I've never heard of that before... Is that a dealership honored thing or a ford thing ? I would get that in writing ASAP if u actually bought one of the new trucks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
seats

Try "Hide Food" made by Bently, Rolls Royce. Seems to work very well. Not cheap! but good!:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sign me up for that deal... I've never heard of that before... Is that a dealership honored thing or a ford thing ? I would get that in writing ASAP if u actually bought one of the new trucks!
I had never heard about it before either and let me say again that this is what the SALESMAN said so no telling what the actual truth is lol. I have done a little research and can not find anything to back this up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hide Food

I got this from a car restorer of antique Rolls ans Bentleys'. You can find it on ebay:wink[3]:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had never heard about it before either and let me say again that this is what the SALESMAN said so no telling what the actual truth is lol. I have done a little research and can not find anything to back this up.

I hear ya! I don't believe one word that comes out of their mouths. I stopped by a local ford dealer the other day to check out an 08 I saw sitting in the used car lot ... Asked him one question that involved the acronyms "egr" and "dpf" and what he knew about them and he just looked me like i was nuts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I agree, that looks like hell. But with that low of miles, that truck truck sat alot, and if it wasnt in the garage then the sun beat those seats to hell with out anyone getting in the truck often enough to notice.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i'm aware of all that.. but i really think that seats that look like that on something you're trying to sell would make or break it for me.. i love the KR interior, i know all the work and maintenance that goes into owning one so it doesn't bother me.. KR owner for 8 years now. every 6 weeks i'm out their cleaning and conditioning especially in the winter.

and i wanted a cabelas when i first saw one back early last year when i was looking for the truck i have now.. but i just couldn't find one.. and when i found this one i have now, with the trade i got on my 03.. to good to pass up... maybe next time.
What do you use for a cleaner? I bought the conditioner directly from King Ranch as mentioned on here. I just want to get a cleaner that is 100% safe. The drivers seat and center console are in need of a light cleaning. The passengers seat and back buckets are immaculate. Hate to ruin my throne.

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my seats usually dont get very dirty ... from what i can tell. so i dont usually use anything to "clean" them. just usually put my conditioner on them and roll. they've never turned out bad.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Not to hijack guys but what would be good to condition lariat seats?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Seen that before but only on early KR F150's, never on a late model esp. an F250. What usually happens is people buy these trucks without the slightest clue of proper maintenance and end up using cheap off the shelf cleaners or even saddle soap on them.

A good condition Lariat seat would be one with minimal wear lines and no entry rash.

This was the seat in my old 01' Supercrew. Not bad for a 10 year old truck with 100k on it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts