·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
275 Posts
The sound of your stock turbos wastegate is non adjustable.

·
Registered
862 Posts
What you can do is unplug the red line that is going to the wastegate

Do you have gauges already I take it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Banned
722 Posts
just unplug the red line its not worth wasting your time shortening it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You can shorten the stock wastegate rod but you have to be very careful. If you are concerned about the gate opening early I would go with a turbo master from dieselsite. It is adjustable and much cheaper than a Banks bighead.

·
Registered
862 Posts
He will probably be getting a new turbo soon anyway. SO just unplug that thing and drive it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I take it if you unplug it you get more boost pressure?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Ya you get more boost but be sure you plug the red line off if you didn't know that already just put the line on an intercooler boot clamp stud. just thought I would mention the plugging it off part I have seen people just unplug it and let it lay.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good to know DJM. What can I expect by unplugging it and is there any downside?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Good to know DJM. What can I expect by unplugging it and is there any downside?
You can expect more boost.

Only downside is that anything over 24 psi you will defuel if your tuning isnt setup for it. And also a stock turbo wont last to long if it sees over that a lot.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have an ITP boost fooler. I was told to keep the stock turbo under 28psi? Is 24 the max?

·
Registered
862 Posts
I have an ITP boost fooler. I was told to keep the stock turbo under 28psi? Is 24 the max?
I beleve the stock turbo is rated at 24 or 25psi

When I had my stocker i would push it up to 28 - 30 but it didnt last to long.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Above 25psi on a stock turbo and you're just blowing superheated air into the motor. I've had mine up to 28+psi on many occasions and it's still spinning away just fine.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i would imagine that much above 25 it isnt doing anything more for performance but i have seen people go to 30 without any immediate problems but who knows about long term affects

·
Registered
9 Posts
unplugging the wastegate hose

Unplugging the pressure tube going to the wastegate is a bad idea.....when the wastegate doesn't open at all, the shaft speed of the turbo goes waaaaay up. To the point that the impellers could explode. The turbo and engine match are done assuming the wastegate will function; if it does not, the turbo rotating assembly design limits are exceeded. If you want more boost, you don't just unplug things. There's lots more engineering that needs to be considered.

·
Registered
716 Posts
So a BHA would be better?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts