Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking out my front coil springs and buckets for powdercoating but I can't get the frame high enough off the ground to get axle to drop all the way. Any suggestions besides a vehicle lift, cuz I don't have access to one unless I bring it to a shop. Trucks got 8" lift

·
Administrator
30,457 Posts
I jack my truck up support it then take the tires off and lower the axle after taking the shocks loose keep an eye on your abs /vac/brake/vent lines

I usually have to force the axle down with my body weight .. not sure what is keeping it from actually wanting to just drop all the way ? /drive line /trac bar? radius arms/sway bar? I never really bothered to check since I accomplished my goal

but definitely some resistance .. I used a coil compressor also . but you don't want to mess up your new powder coat

aren't the buckets riveted??

ps mines an 8" also

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you use to support it once it's lifted? I have jack stands but def not tall enough to reach the frame.
I have to make sure I get it to drop all the way since I really can't use a spring compressor like u said cuz of the fresh powdercoat. Also the buckets are riveted, I just checked, fantastic...

I jack my truck up support it then take the tires off and lower the axle after taking the shocks loose keep an eye on your abs /vac/brake/vent lines

I usually have to force the axle down with my body weight .. not sure what is keeping it from actually wanting to just drop all the way ? /drive line /trac bar? radius arms/sway bar? I never really bothered to check since I accomplished my goal

but definitely some resistance .. I used a coil compressor also . but you don't want to mess up your new powder coat

aren't the buckets riveted??

ps mines an 8" also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts