Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
being up high does have the advantage of being able to see father down the road. Even though you might be closer than is good to the car in front of you, you can see far enough ahead to know what he is going to react to. Best practice is to always have enough room in front of you to stop........like that is ever going to happen in any big city. 4-5 cars are going to jump into your cushion space. Construction zones, emergency vehicles, car with a flat tire etc I pull over. many construction zones now say "when workers present". No workers present, no potholes put the hammer down and roll, otherwise some nimrod in a car will tailend you. besides I'm here to drive not park, if there is no hazard I see no reason to waste my time

·
Registered
933 Posts
Which doesn't happen much anymore, half either don't have CBs, play with them like they're a karaoke machine or flat don't pay attention as they have their phone stuffed in their ear. (Which is illegal also.)
I have a CB in my truck but I don't speak Spanish so its pretty much useless to me

I don't speed through construction zones or tail gate, or even around town but if I get a clear shot on the highway ill run 70-72, in new England most of the cops wont bother you for that. until you get some swift/werner truck side by side doing 60 mph and cluster effing the traffic

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I have a CB in my truck but I don't speak Spanish so its pretty much useless to me

I don't speed through construction zones or tail gate, or even around town but if I get a clear shot on the highway ill run 70-72, in new England most of the cops wont bother you for that. until you get some swift/werner truck side by side doing 60 mph and cluster effing the traffic
I hate when slow/governed trucks do that. Then on top of it swift has about the biggest idiots I've ever seen in a truck, line 365 of em in a row n you MIGHT have a years worth of experience

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
Last year, I watched a Swift driver drive past a set of fuel pumps in a parking lot and then turn and ran his trailer right over the top of them and then proceeded to back up over the pumps all without having a clue what he did.:doh:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
S ure
W ish
I' d
F inished
T ruck driving school

Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
See
What
I
F*ckup
Today

I have my class A cdl and get to deal with 4 wheelers all the time when i drive:doh: love starting threw all the gears again

but yeah it does go both ways, most OTR companies paid by the mile, and then there is limited time your can run during the day, 11hrs consecutive/ 14-hours total in a day, plus alot of of other DOT rules, so i can see how some drivers can get in a hurry,

i have only been driving since aug last year mainly in the oil field, so i am still gaining experience, but it pays the bills, :thumb: other than that i hate the job, especially log books, just started a new company last week and we have to fill one out every day to get paid, weather we drive or not.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
Don't even get me started on some of these companies, I'm surprised some of these drivers can get out of their truck, walk into a truck stop, and come back out and find their truck.

·
Mod Newbie
11,881 Posts
Don't even get me started on some of these companies, I'm surprised some of these drivers can get out of their truck, walk into a truck stop, and come back out and find their truck.
Some can't:hehe: When I drove OTR, I sat at a Pilot truck stop one night and watched a Schneider driver try to back into a parking spot for an hour. The funny part was both parking spots on either side of where he was parking were open.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
PHP:
Some can't:hehe: When I drove OTR, I sat at a Pilot truck stop one night and watched a Schneider driver try to back into a parking spot for an hour. The funny part was both parking spots on either side of where he was parking were open.
Maybe he was practising, at least they didn't hit anything.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have another one but it's not ORG friendly:hehe:
Is it swift backwards?

Two
F
In
White
Semi

I've never gone OTR tho, I got my class A at 18 and couldn't even leave the state to 21. Local is uhh easier to log from a financial stand point. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
local is where its at work 50-55 M-f maybe a 3-4 shift on sat once a quarter home every night and still push 60k year. Are the problems sure but that be truckin

·
Registered
883 Posts
You see some strange things while driving a truck both from trucks and 4 wheelers. I get to haul ag equipment for the Deere dealer I work for. I love my time in the truck but you got to have the right mindset to be 16 -17 ft wide 16 ft tall and weigh 100k gross. Everybody things your in the way and don't have a right to be on the road. I catch more crap from OTR drivers when I'm hauling equipment. Either I leave the CB off or don't pay attention to it because they get mad at you for being there. They will hug the center line on the interstate and then its your fault they didn't know you were next to them until equipment tires are passing the window all while your half in the ditch to go around them and they want to drive 60 in a 75mph speed limit.

·
Registered
883 Posts
If you get a chance, Id like to see pics of your ag runs Doc

Should be able to snap a pic tomorrow. Making a run to swap out a broke down combine.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Here Heavy. Here's on I made on fri a nice narrow combine.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1416094295.517682.jpg

·
Registered
933 Posts
local is where its at work 50-55 M-f maybe a 3-4 shift on sat once a quarter home every night and still push 60k year. Are the problems sure but that be truckin
You will NEVER get my *** back in a day cab, nothing worse then commuting back and forth and dealing with the office and swapping trailers around every day. I'm also making an extra $3-400 a week at the same company I drove day cab for. Get up Monday and go to work, get home Friday and crack open a cold beer by 3:30

·
Registered
44 Posts
You will NEVER get my *** back in a day cab, nothing worse then commuting back and forth and dealing with the office and swapping trailers around every day. I'm also making an extra $3-400 a week at the same company I drove day cab for. Get up Monday and go to work, get home and crack open a cold beer by 3:30
not to bad for me 15 min from house no traffic office I rarely see and am hooked to the same trailer every day

21 - 39 of 39 Posts