Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to dynamat the interior and was wondering if there is a manual that tells you how all the interior pieces come apart? I don't want to start yanking on things without some guidance. any info would help thanks

Nick

·
Registered
77 Posts
I know when you Dynamat or what ever on your floor you do it in strips, not layer the whole floor. The reason is that it still resonates through out the floor boards. The strips stop more noise.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I was looking to dynamat the interior and was wondering if there is a manual that tells you how all the interior pieces come apart? I don't want to start yanking on things without some guidance. any info would help thanks

Nick
well the seats are pretty straight forward....the kick panels and plastic covers on the rockers you just simply pull on and they pop off same goes with the pillar covers, but I don't if you goin to put dynamat there

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking taking everything out from headliner to floor and removing as much of the dash as I can. I'm also investigating why I have so many dash squeaks its like a friken rattle trap but i screwed myself b/c I don't have a dpf so I can't bring it to the ford dealer and ask them to find all the squeaks.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
I was thinking taking everything out from headliner to floor and removing as much of the dash as I can. I'm also investigating why I have so many dash squeaks its like a friken rattle trap but i screwed myself b/c I don't have a dpf so I can't bring it to the ford dealer and ask them to find all the squeaks.
To be honest man, I don't think it would be worth taking the dash apart....I would do the doors, floor and head liner

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be honest man, I don't think it would be worth taking the dash apart....I would do the doors, floor and head liner
Doors, floor, back wall, and roof. Anything beyond that is a waste of both time and money. The aforementioned will yield a virtual fortress.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I can tell you step by step how to do the whole headliner if you want. I got that down to a T. I've done it a few times now with the bodywork on the roof. Lemme know.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I can tell you step by step how to do the whole headliner if you want. I got that down to a T. I've done it a few times now with the bodywork on the roof. Lemme know.
I know this is old but I would like to know how to drop the headliner
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
It's easy. Just start pulling your pillar trim, visors, overhead console, dome light, and hooks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts