Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get the blower motor box and a/c housing off? Doing studs and need it off but cant figure it out. Help please

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This guy here is what I'm talking bout.

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
It unbolts from inside the cab I believe

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
There are 6 10mm nuts on the firewall inside the cab. 3 under the carpet under the dash and 3 inside the glove compartment all the way at the top behind the white insulation. Then there is a bracket in the engine compartment that holds the evaporator housing remove it along with the vacuum pump and box and the vacuum lines inside the cab as well as the engine compartment and disconnect the wiring harnesses. Then finess it out.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the heater core need to come out?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
just remove the spacer on the driver side motor mount. that will allow you to raise and lower the block so you can torque the bolts with out issue. This is how I did mine and I didn't have to touch the heater or do anything to the driver side firewall. Also I never removed the fan or radiator but thats just me.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
just remove the spacer on the driver side motor mount. that will allow you to raise and lower the block so you can torque the bolts with out issue. This is how I did mine and I didn't have to touch the heater or do anything to the driver side firewall. Also I never removed the fan or radiator but thats just me.
Did you need to loosen the transmission crossmember?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Did you need to loosen the transmission crossmember?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

I tried that and lifted the rear of the transmission but it didn't give me the clearence on the lower rear driver side bolt and it wouldn't have done any good on the pass side. now I did leave the trans loose while I raised and lowered the block so it would stress the trans mount.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured it out, thanks guys, that top left bolt was a b**** to get to. Gotta disconnect the exhaust manifold and shes ready to come out. I plan on cutting that rear bottom bolt to get it out.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On another note, is it a good idea to clean the injector tips. Theres nothing wrong with them, just to clean the soot off.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Are you talking about cutting the rear left side head bolt??

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Just use a 1/2" drive 18mm short 6pt socket with a 1/2" drive wobble socket and a 1/2" drive ratchet (swivel head ratchet is what I used and it worked fine) and you can get on that last rear bolt in the driver side head no problem. Then all you have to do is tie it to another bolt with it lifted as high out as you can and pull the head.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tuscany thanks for your help, your build thread had been helpful. I've got the bolt loose, that was no problem. I was talking about pulling it up, take saw zaw and cut it in half. Main reason for wanting to do it this way is I'm gonna have to lift this head on my own, dad helped with other one but he'll be at work tomorrow, so will everyone else I know. I'll eat my wheaties in the morning and wrestle it out.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
Just tie it up like this and you can lift it up without any problems. You will also have to do this to install the head with the head studs as well. here are a couple of pics to show you how I did it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ended up cutting the bolt, worked better than I expected. Made it easy to get the exhaust manifold un done from the up pipe too. Heads are at the machine shop now. Hoping for the best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts