Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I remove the overhead console on an 02 F250?

I searched and found how to repair the trip computer but no info how to get it out. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
which console do you have , just the message center or the long on with pockets , if its the long one , been awhile but im thinkin there are a couple screws under one of the pockets and then its snaps in, you have to be careful not to break the tabs

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has 2 compartments and the trip computer.
Do you just pull it straight down or is there some trick to it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
My '03 Excursion EB has the 2 pockets and the computer. There are screws in the 2 compartments. One in the garage door holder and another in the sunglass storage. It is then held up with clips on the sides and back. The whole thing will pop down about 1/2 an inch or so once the screws are out. Then there is a pair of retaining clips that you have to depress to pull one side down. I am pretty sure this is the end opposite the one from the computer. Then the while thing rotates down and will come free. Just disconnect the plugs and then it is free. You will need some Torx bits to remove the computer and get the circuit board out.

I am assu,ing the computer has stopped displaying. There were 2 power resistors that had bad solder joints on mine. We had to look at it under the microscope to see them.

I just had the same problem with my temp control system.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Get your finger tips behind it(above it) and pull straight down. Feels and sounds like it has broken when the clips let go. Scary the first time you do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts