Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting an aftermarket stereo in my truck. How do i remove the stock radio? Is there pins i have to push or is there a trick to doin it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
theres 2 small square holes on each side of the radio, you can get a tool or just take a close hanger or something like that and push it into the holes and pull the radio out. there are tabs inside it that you are releasing it might take some finesse to get it out but itll go

·
Registered
551 Posts
The easiest way is with the ford radio removal tools available at most parts stores for 5 bucks or so. Or like the other poster said you can release them with a coat hanger, or I've even used small finish nails before.

Its a bit of a pain doing the later 2 if you haven't done one before as you don't have a "feel" for getting the clips released, but its definately do-able.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The easiest way is with the ford radio removal tools available at most parts stores for 5 bucks or so. Or like the other poster said you can release them with a coat hanger, or I've even used small finish nails before.

Its a bit of a pain doing the later 2 if you haven't done one before as you don't have a "feel" for getting the clips released, but its definately do-able.
exactly :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts