Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 F250 CCLB 4x4 that I did the 05+ suspension swap on. Well, I was making one of those nice sharp turns that I can do now and heard a noise (a pop like plastic cracking). The air bag light then came on. So, how do I get to the air bag to check what happend? Thank you.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I don;t know how to get to the bag, but you have probably damaged the clock spring. It is a common problem when you have the suspension unhooked and the steering wheel gets turned too far. Or with the new suspension, it may be turning further than the 04 suspension (i Believe the 05+ have a tighter turn radius)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I got the air bag off and everything is ok there, but it still makes noise inside. So I guess I need to remove the stearing wheel and look further inside. Does anyone have a diagram or parts schematic of the stearing column? Thanks Eric for the help and reply.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
if you pull the steering wheel the clock spring sits just behind it. A haynes guide actually has a pretty decent description/pics if I recall

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, does anyone know if a 05+ clock spring would work with a 04 truck? I need to order a new clock spring as mine is craked, any ideas where I can get one for a good price? Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts