Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 the stock pipe size and all silencers removed. What can I do to make it ridiculous loud. I beat the Dodges in power just not in noise. Thanks for your time.

Mick

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
remove the up pipes

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
dont remove the uppipes... look,you said you had str8 pipes, what about your down pipe??? the pipe coming off the turbo??? is it factory?? if so,remove this, and buy you a down pipe from stealth auto, his name is raul. he's cheap on them things. this is about all you can do in the way of money... lil more whistle??? buy another turbo, a d66 would be good,upgrade injectors, get bigger fuel/oil... all those things are expensive. the pipes will deff let her breath better... ohh yea! get you a 6637 napa filter fer your intake. letting your beast breath is key.gut the pedistal, wait,what kinda truck you got? didnt pay attention

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
I have a 95 the stock pipe size and all silencers removed. What can I do to make it ridiculous loud. I beat the Dodges in power just not in noise. Thanks for your time.

Mick
see that stack on my truck in my sig??? get you one of them...or two!!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
remove the factory down pipe of the turbo and put a round one on and go to 5 inch as soon as you can its right be the transfer case i did that and you can hear it for miles

·
Registered
800 Posts
Let the Dodges get pulled over while you keep on driving.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Here's the cheap stuff. DIY intake, 3" DP...and build yourself one of these

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
How loud is it in the cab without the Cat or muffler?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Not bad at all seriously. I mean it's a 5" pipe so it makes some noise outside but I didn't notice much in the cab. My CAI increased the cab noise WAY more than the pipe.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My stacks make conversation going down the road almost impossible...You have to yell to hear anything even with the radio turned off. Horribly annoying.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
WHAT??? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU :hehe:

·
Registered
275 Posts
My old 95 had a cold air intake that was pretty loud, a Garrett BB turbo that whistled pretty loud, then a 4" DP that went to 5" right after the DP that turned into 6" at the transfer case and then turned out the side of the bed right in front of the wheel well. That sumb!tch was LOUD and sounded awesome. You couldn't hold a conversation yelling standing anywhere within 15 feet of the thing, and you could hear it coming for a mile or two away. In the cab you couldn't hear people whispering or nothin, but you could easily have a conversation with people in the front or back... wasn't bad at all.

·
Registered
800 Posts
WHAT??? I COULDN'T HEAR YOU :hehe:
I usually just yell YUP...if they were talking about something else they usually remember till we stop or get into town...haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I first modded my exhaust, I just had a 3" downpipe to 4" cat delete pipe and nothing else. I eventually got used to the drone inside the cab, but if I was outside the truck, the fumes got pretty annoying. Now I have a set up like JJFLASH and the cab noise isn't so bad

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the input guys. It's clear now I need to change down pipes and upside the whole system. Cab noise isn't an issue. Y'all have givin me sound great ideas. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. It's clear now I need to change down pipes and upside the whole system. Cab noise isn't an issue. Y'all have givin me sound great ideas. Thanks again.
Just remember to use your loud responsibly. Drive with respect and represent the PSD :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rolling coal and turning heads. Better heard than seen. But when they see you make it look good. PSD for life.

·
Registered
572 Posts
i am running a open MBRP downpipe no turndown no nothin right now... its loud. roll the windows down and drive past a semi or next to the wall on the freeway and it is LOUD....hahaha

im goin to a 5" side dump real similar to the pic posted on page 1. hopefully it will refine the sound a bit more and make it deeper. right now its just rip snortin nasty loud.....and i LOVE it!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts