Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious how much of a drop hitch everyone is running on their lifted trucks. I have an adjustable drop hitch that's adjustable up to 8". It worked good on my 5.5" of lift with 35's, but I have recently gone up to 8" with 37's.

Just curious how much of a drop people are running on similar sized trucks. I'm thinking about ordering the same Diversi-Tech hitch, but getting the one adjustable up to 10". I haven't pulled anything since I put the new lift on so haven't got to try it yet. I pull several different trailers so a adjustable hitch is a must.

Also curios if there is some way to measure to determine a recommended hitch height.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I no i need around 10 for just youre basic car hauler

·
Registered
124 Posts
I use a 5 1/2 for the pop-up & an 8 in. for trailers with smaller tires.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I use a 5 1/2 inch drop. my truck is stock height but for some reason whoever owned the truck before me put 4 inch lift blocks in the back and left the front untouched. so my trucks *** rides 4 inches higher than the front. I don't know why they did it but i have to use a big drop hit because of it. lol

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not me, I had a white CC F250 2wd before this one.

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
Check out Action Accessories for an adjustable drop hitch. I had a 10" adjustable when I was at factory height (planned on lifting the truck some day). After 8-9" of lift and 37's, the 10" wasn't enough of a drop for my utility trailer and my father-in-law's boat trailer. I ended up with a 14" adjustable drop hitch and am using about 12" of the available adjustment.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i have 8" lift on 36's and use a 8" hitch right now but need atleast a 10 and 12 on other trailers. i found a guy local to me said he can make me one that will hold 12k lbs for about $130

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
ive got 8.5in lift with 37s and i use a 10" alumistinger hitch which is perfect for my boat but not a biggenough drop for my utility trailer prolly need a 12" for that so id say get an adjustable one up to 14" that way you can tow some of those low trailers without an issue. and if you ever get bigger tires...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts