Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are gas prices so high?

Congressman Roy Blunt put together these data to highlight the differences between House Republicans and House Democrats on energy policy:

ANWR Exploration
House Republicans: 91% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Coal-to-Liquid
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 78% Opposed

Oil Shale Exploration
House Republicans: 90% Supported
House Democrats: 86% Opposed

Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Exploration
House Republicans: 81% Supported
House Democrats: 83% Opposed

Refinery Increased Capacity
House Republicans: 97% Supported
House Democrats: 96% Opposed

SUMMARY

91% of House Republicans have historically voted to increase the production of American-made oil and gas.

86% of House Democrats have historically voted against increasing the production of American-made oil and gas.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
our idiots in congress/the senate/washington cant run a dining hall at a profit...they cant do a budget without a major deficit, they cant show up on time to vote (or dont show up), give themselves pay raises every year, have life long health insurance, want to tax us at every turn.....

why exactly do we
1) vote for these clowns
2) think they would every do anything right
3) believe anything they say they are going to to
4) belive that they will 'wise up' to what common sense is?

they suck. (very few exceptions to the rule if you ask me..)

Question is- How to change it so we can drill our own land, stop the ethanol scam, stop outrageous legislation about 'global warming,' lower taxes, keep a strong defense of our country, keep our rights as given to us by the constitution? THAT is where the new ideas need to focus on.

·
Premium Member
14,493 Posts
our idiots in congress/the senate/washington cant run a dining hall at a profit...they cant do a budget without a major deficit, they cant show up on time to vote (or dont show up), give themselves pay raises every year, have life long health insurance, want to tax us at every turn.....

why exactly do we
1) vote for these clowns
2) think they would every do anything right
3) believe anything they say they are going to to
4) belive that they will 'wise up' to what common sense is?

they suck. (very few exceptions to the rule if you ask me..)

Question is- How to change it so we can drill our own land, stop the ethanol scam, stop outrageous legislation about 'global warming,' lower taxes, keep a strong defense of our country, keep our rights as given to us by the constitution? THAT is where the new ideas need to focus on.
You've got to EDUCATE the masses! That's the only way! But you will always have those that want a handout and will continue to vote for those that will give give give.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Yes, education is great, but our education (especially college) is highly liberal for the most part..so we get rid of the teachers now and replace them with less biased folk? Good luck with that one!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Yes, education is great, but our education (especially college) is highly liberal for the most part..so we get rid of the teachers now and replace them with less biased folk? Good luck with that one!
And your post before that is becouse of indoctrination not education. What you state is not change, but back to basics. I agree with you.

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I want to know what the liberals fascination is with making sure our fuel prices are the same as England, Germany, Etc. What I mean is they always say 'well, in so in so country gas cost x amount per gallon, so we got it good here in the good ole US'. I know it's about the money but what really gives here. I know not every liberal is ***-ole deep in environmental stocks, etc.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
thank you democrats!!!!!!

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts
I want to know what the liberals fascination is with making sure our fuel prices are the same as England, Germany, Etc. What I mean is they always say 'well, in so in so country gas cost x amount per gallon, so we got it good here in the good ole US'. I know it's about the money but what really gives here. I know not every liberal is ***-ole deep in environmental stocks, etc.
Sorry for the slip on my spelling

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
What realy ticks me off is our politicions that support policies that are bad for me but help some foriegners, why, becouse I have it too good? Then I think of the Clintons and Gore's Chinese money, (I dought there the only ones). Then I read about how much some of these guys get rich so fast, and its not there $165,000 a year they get for being in congress.
Seems like we have 2 typs of Politicion, 1 type is selling us out, the other is giving the store away. We need to vote them traitors out and put some Americans in..!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The more foreign goods you buy, the more money they have to buy more oil ,which makes the demand higher,which in turn makes the price go higher. So quit the whinning about whose to blame, but look at yourself and ask how much overseas crap do I buy. Then do your best not to but chinese made products. That is the reason oil is so high. A developing country sucking it up on your dime every time a foreign product is purchased! BUY AMERICAN!!!!! this country was self sufficent at one time ; about time to get that way again, or ALL the politicians and tree huggers will have all the animals safe but the human race will be extinct!!:doh: ok I'm done now, have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts