Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my hot water tank was only heating to about 120-125 so I turned the little metal screw on the bottom thermostat about a half a turn and within an hour or so I hit 160 and holding. Perfect! Well now I have a new load of oil in there and I'm getting no heat at all. First thing I did was replace the thermostat and element with new ones....... nada.

I've rechecked the connections and they're all solid including the yellow/blue wire tied together. I'm not an electrician so hopefully someone can tell me which wires should be hot. The only wires I can get a reading on are the top two wires on the very top of the top thermostat. (red & Black) Could the top thermostat be the problem? Suggestions?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Duhhhhh, nevermind. I've spent a day and a half screwing around with this and never once saw the reset button on the top thermostat. :doh:

Hit the reset and presto I now have hot wires. I'm sure I'll have hot oil shortly. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
LOL!! You got it man!! Glad it was nothing major.:thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just for S&Gs I replaced the top element with a temperature guage. I am saving it for when the bottom one goes out, but I will remember that I need to keep an eye on the reset button as well. Thanx.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts