Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the formation/configuration of the hot side CAC pipe of the 03-early 04 trucks are the same as the '05-'07's? Only reason i'm askin is because i received the No Limit hot side CAC pipe and it wont fit because of the A/C line goes over top of the CAC pipe. But this No Limit pipe isn't even formed the same way as my stock hot side pipe. Makes me think that they are different...but just want someone to confirm this for me. I think i'm gonna switch my A/C line to the '05-'07 one that goes under the hot side CAC pipe so that this No Limit pipe will work.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
If you can post a pic of both pipes, I could tell you if your stock pipe is different than mine. I know on my truck the hot side CAC pipe goes underneath the AC line. Hope this helps man.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you can post a pic of both pipes, I could tell you if your stock pipe is different than mine. I know on my truck the hot side CAC pipe goes underneath the AC line. Hope this helps man.
i'll try to do that tomorrow. But really, yours goes under the A/C line? All of the '05-07 trucks that i've seen....the A/C line goes under the CAC pipe.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here's what my stock hot side CAC pipe looks like on the truck.

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I guess it depends on what A/C line you are referring to. The A/C line coming from the heater box area goes under my CAC pipe but the CAC pipe goes between/underneath the A/C line(s) at the condenser. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I'm tellin ya Chris, I truely think they are same pipe. You can get the 05-07 A/C line and see if it works or not but I dont think it should matter. Does anyone have a part number to see if there are different part numbers??

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Chris, did you get that pipe from Mike over at the Army? Did you ask him about it to find out? I know he told me to give him a shout when I was ready.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the pipe was from Mike but i got it through Steve from Absolute Performance. i did talk to Mike about it and he said he built it off of an '05 pipe. so this confirms that they are indeed different. i'll try and get the newer style A/C line then.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Matt. i figured they had to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts