Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Feel free to move this thread, i wasnt sure where to put it but 6.0's have the most problems. I was watching Truck U and they advertised a product called Hot shot's Secret. It is an oil additive similar to rev-X i believe specifically for injectors and general cleaning of the engine. . I was wondering if anyone has ever used this. I'm not sure how new it is but the company is based only 100 miles from me and i didnt know they existed. Thanks for any replys.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Hot shots secret doesnt have near the success rate as revX.

about 60% of those here that have tried Hot shots secret said it didnt work

I know of about 40 people that have used rev x. Out of that 40 only 2 said it didnt work One of the two didnt have an injector problem. It turned out his FICM was bad

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hot shots secret doesnt have near the success rate as revX.

about 60% of those here that have tried Hot shots secret said it didnt work

I know of about 40 people that have used rev x. Out of that 40 only 2 said it didnt work One of the two didnt have an injector problem. It turned out his FICM was bad
+1 (agree)

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Try the Hot Shot's Secret. The difference between HSS and Rev x is that HSS was designed to fix this problem for Navistar. It is not a general purpose additive. It went through 2 years of testing by Navistar to make sure that it works and didn't do any harm. I am the president of Lubrication Specialties, Inc. the firm that developed the product for Navistar. I am not hawking product on this site because I am not a sponsor yet. I am however answering a question posted. Just wanted it to be clear that I understand the rules of forums. It has to be useful and helpful to the readers and add to the discussion.

The Hot Shot's Secret has a money back guarantee and we don't give anyone grief about it. We just refund your money. There are some really useful videos on my website] it will show you how the inside of the injector works and why your having the problem you are having.

Hope this helps.
Chris

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Welcome the the site Chris. I have to ask you to delete the link to your site though since you are not a sponsor yet:thumb:

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have tried hot shot secret and rev-x
hot shot didnt do any difference for me,

but when i tried rev-x it got better.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
i have tried hot shot secret and rev-x
hot shot didnt do any difference for me,

but when i tried rev-x it got better.
Did you get your money back on HSS?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Didnt know that ?
i have never asked about it, dont know how to prove it ?

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Didnt know that ?
i have never asked about it, dont know how to prove it ?
Exactly. Thats the thing. I dont think HSS counts on many people putting their warranty to the test.

Based on the failure rate of their product as seen on the forums they wouldnt be in business very long if they did

1 - 10 of 10 Posts