Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 EB Ex with a 2004 engine 160,xxx miles bone stock only had to replace ICP sensor, FICM, and injector #4... Okay so im getting a hot no start but when it starts it runs and idles fine....I just want to replace everything since the parts dont look that expensive... since i have an 04 engine do i need dummy plugs??? and also do i need to do the STC fitting??? most of the stuff i see refers to the 250 but since i have an 04 engine should i narrow my search for parts to 2004?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes to stand pipes and dummy plugs. No to STC fitting. Seems like you have an oil leak internally. May want to do the injector orings since you'll be there anyways. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
8 Posts
check the cup/nipple seals too, or just replace them if you're pulling the oil rail(s). when they go out they can cause crank-not starts (happened to me) or cause upper injector seal failures which leads to the same condition.

if you plan to do the work yourself be sure you torque everything back properly to avoid creating problems. also be SURE that all your PCM/FICM/injector connections are good, a bad connection/intermittent connection can cause injector (coil) failure

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before you tear into the oil/fuel rail unplug the icp sensor check and see if it has the white sleeve on it. If it is missing the plug will need to be replaced. Next start/run the engine with the icp unplugged and see if you still have the issue with hot starts.

If it doesn't correct the problem get some gauges that will read from your obdII and check your icp pressure. If it isn't building to over 500 psi when you try to start you have an internal oil leak.

FYI The Dummy plugs and stand pipes on the late 04 had a low failure rate and no sct fitting on the hpop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.