Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O.K. guys whats up with my a/c in my 2000 P.S.D.? With A/C? on at cruising speed it gets warm obviously the compressor is kicking off.. No compressor when idling as well.. I have Evacuated and Recharged. Check low and high pressure switches, bypassed both..
I am loosing all power out to switches and compressor..
Does power come from E.C.U.?? Or is there a type of thermister in the dash??
When compressor does decide to kick on usually when holding R.P.M.s at about 2000 to 2500 the pressures are dead on. This is something electrical...
:doh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
O.K. guys whats up with my a/c in my 2000 P.S.D.? With A/C? on at cruising speed it gets warm obviously the compressor is kicking off.. No compressor when idling as well.. I have Evacuated and Recharged. Check low and high pressure switches, bypassed both..
I am loosing all power out to switches and compressor..
Does power come from E.C.U.?? Or is there a type of thermister in the dash??
When compressor does decide to kick on usually when holding R.P.M.s at about 2000 to 2500 the pressures are dead on. This is something electrical...
:doh:
when you bypassed the low pressure switch did the compressor stay on? or did it drop out?

how do you know you are loosing power at the compressor?

if your not loosing power at the compressor, and it still drops out, you probably have too much tolerance in between your magnet and compressor clutch. i have heard that they can be shimmed, that sounds like it could be your issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had almost the same problem. After reading other posts, it pointed me to the AC clutch spacing. I didn't have any shims, so I added a small washer. The AC been working great since then.

To help identify the problem, while running with the AC on and blowing warm air, tap on the of front of the AC clutch with a stick (handle of a hammer worked for me). If the AC clutch engages after the tap, its most likely the spacing between the electric magnet coil and the clutch. The fix is to lessen the space between the magnet coil and outer clutch.

Hope that helps. Also search previous post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts