Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two radiator hoses burst on me in the last three weeks. I don't know if my water pump is going bad and over pressurizing or what. The first time it was the upper radiator hose and I was just going about 60mph down the highway, not accelerating or anything. The second time it was the lower hose and I was just driving through a parking lot. It has been about 110 degrees here but that shouldn't make them blow like this. Any help? Thanks in advance...

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
your pump can not pump more volume than it was built to produce from OEM

it won't grow vains or increase vane angle/rpm , you may need to chuck a pressure guage on her but at 16 psi you cap should puke .. so ??

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
IDK
you need to test the system for overpressure
ford has a weird *** test for the bottle and cap .. it's not the typical test most vehicles use ... I don't have the TSB handy ,, but I would throw a guage on the truck and test tdrive it to see if it's over 16psi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the website provided in the video definitively helps. Thank you. Out of curiosity do you have a 6.0 in your super duty if so which gen?

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
2006 6.0 bulletproof billet FICM /EGR/ ARP's/tuned by gearheads and monitored by CTS

the 6.0 don't really reference Generation like the 6.4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have possibly the worst of them all them...as I've been told. The 2003 6.0l. I'm not a diesel guy or anything and am still trying to learn the ins and outs. Any info I can get to help out this 200k engine will be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
ahh you have a good EGR cooler that is the same as what bulletproof turns the later models into ,, other than that it has a few items that were improved upon later but
nothing major IMHO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the square model is better than the round? Is that what your saying? The guy I bought it from put a EGR delete kit on it.

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
the old 03 had nice big round cooler tubes then they tried to improve it and made smaller tubes that clogged easy ,, so bulletproof basically converts the later EGR coolers to the old large tube style ,, but if u are deleted it really doesn't matter ,, the 03 models reportedly never or hardly ever failed

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm having all sorts of loss of power issues and weird vibrations at 50 to 65mph. Any ideas on that?

·
Administrator
30,926 Posts
not really

the vibrations may be due to a lift issue /carrier bearing /pinion angle

the power issue could be lots of things and if you have never had a 6.0 they are dogs without a tune

or is the power issue new ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have SCT power tune on it. Came with truck. The truck is lifted but it dosen't seem like a suspension issue because it goes away when i shift up or down. Only happens in 4th gear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts