Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all these guys talking about getting 15-17 around town MPGs on the org but my truck gets around 10.5. I drive conservatively for the most part and even with my 70% highway driving the dash says 13.5. I have a tonneau cover which i heard can save you 1-1.5 MPG which im scared to even take off now in fear of hitting single digit MPGs. I have stock wheel/tire setup and a turbo-back MBRP cool duals setup with no cat. I just had my truck in for oil change, dummy plugs and stc fitting and they reflashed it while it was there and now there's a HUGE lack of power all around and dropped 1-2 MPG. WTF is going on here? I just ordered a SCT X3 and Looney tune from vivian and it should be here tuesday but i see guys only seeing a 2-3 MPG gain. HELP!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have an 07 and I have MBRP turbo back cat delete. Everything else is stock. I got the x3 with looney and I get about 20-21 flat highway. I was never getting 10 so I don't know how much yours will go up but keep your foot out of it for a coupe days after you tube it and check your mpg by hand. Not the dash. Miles and gallons is always better

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Don't rely on the dash...guy told me today he gets 24 MPG IN AN 06 CREW Cab 4x4 LOADED WITH 4 cars....yes he's full of ****

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That seems really low to me. Might want to check and make sure that none of your brake calipers are locked up. Also may want to check your ficm voltage.

That reflashing sh1t is the main reason that my truck will never go to ford to be worked on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree lift the truck off the ground spin the wheels see if one is dragging. One could have a sticking caliper and it could really hurt you. I had one tire low and it hurt me by 5mpg. So you might want to make sure your tire pressures are right. Also I would check to make sure your air filter is clean.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just changed a sticking front caliper last night on mine. I would be happy with 1 mpg more.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I remember seeing where someone made a lock to put over the obd2 port secured with a masterlock in order to keep the dealer from forcing the flash. Sorry that happened. Give it some time to learn and the mileage should come back up. Look into ficm tuning to get the mileage back.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Vivian will do a rollback with the tune so you should get the mpg back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just got my 350 back from RCD. Has 4.10 gears, was getting 10.5-11mpg highway stock, after the egr delete, and new tunes averaged just over 18mpg. PS my dash has never been off by more than two tenths of a mpg. Even in my 12 valve Fummins believe it or not

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah i agree the dash cant be off by more than anything crazy, my SCT X3 with Vivians looney tunes should actually be here tuesday and i explained how bad the reflash left me but she stated she actually prefers the reflash. hopefully i can make some of these MPG gains you guys are seeing from tunes. I changed my rear sticking caliper 2 months ago and the truck was just completely gone over while it was at ford by a friend who is a tech there last week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts